Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Our two Jacks have always traveled well. Originally we tried to keep their beds in the rear facing booth, that didn't work out well Now they go where they want which is usually as close to us as they can get. Buck will usually ride at Clare's feet and Paige on the couch right behind me or in the recliner behind Clare. They know their place, but that doesn't keep them from begging to get on Clare's lap once in awhile. 99% of the time she gives in.

No problems in CGs with them. As pups we trained them with radio collars. We just set their perimeter radius and they know their boundaries. Never have them on a leach unless we leave the site with them. Yes had mgrs stop by seeing the dogs with no leach. Always commented on how well trained they were, but said they should be on one. After showing and explainning, they were impressed and said we were good. Of couse we always go prepared with leaches.

If anyone is interested in the toughness of a Jack and why we aren't that concerned about securing them while traveling, read on.

The dogs have always loved to ride in the back of my pick up. We live in the sticks and miles away from anything other than county 2 lanes. One day I'm going to the dump and Buck want's to go. Jumps in the front seat and rear window is open, 3 large trash compactor bags full in the extreme rear of the bed. Buck decides to to go in the back and jump on the bags for a better look. Being as slippery as the are, Buck goes right out the back at 55 mph!

Behind me is a lady in a 20 year old Olds 4 door. After bouncing and rolling several times, she hits him and sends him flying into the ditch. I turn around expecting the worse. By the time I got back there, she is out of the car with tears running down her face. By the time I got stopped, here comes Buck out of the ditch, not even limping. I checked him out and he had a very small scrape on his chin and another on his elbow.....that was it! When I got home I pushed and squeezed him all over and no apparent pain anywhere. The only effect this had is Buck doesn't want to ride in the back anymore.

clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Our dog sleeps on her bed on the floor between the front 2 chairs. She likes being right next to us as we travel. She's scared of car travel, but has always done fine in the MH...go figure.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Idiot Dog, aka Missie the snake killing yorkie sleeps under one of the front seats. But this trip she has taken to sleeping in the recliner between the front seats.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have two pet beds for the maddawgs under the dinette table. They also like to ride up on the bed or the couch.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawgs View Post
We have two pet beds for the maddawgs under the dinette table. They also like to ride up on the bed or the couch.
Todd
I think this is what we will try. Beds under the couch. They cannot jump on the back bed-it is too high. They spent two hours with me in the RV this morning while I was working on the shelf liner. After few minutes they found their favorite place and went to sleep in the front seats. The only place which will not be available.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #20

Our two Jacks (now just one) loved the m/h,although Jackson used to be a little miffed at first since in the airplane he gets 'shotgun' most of the time, and the visibility's better, but he decided early on the bucket seat behind the DW was the next best thing, he only needs to open his eyes to see me, and if he sits up he can see the road ahead past the DW's head since he is the navigator after all.

Although we did have a giggle when we accidentally threw a comforter into 'his' chair and he decided to sit there anyways.

We joke about his having "jack-itude" instead of 'attitude', if he wants to do something, he will.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #21

Sadie likes to ride in the passenger seat. Well, when I have to head south, she gets her black and tan full of sunshine. If she doesn't move, I have to grab her collar, pull her off the seat, and tell her to get up on the couch with her blanket.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Sadie sleeps on the couch behind the passengers seat.

what a sweetheart she is!!!
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #23

Got me! She sleeps where she likes, but sometimes, I have to tell her what she likes.

Stubborn little brat. She loves to chase rocks and would do it all day. Fast too, but never brings them back. It's like, "It's mine and you can't have it." She sneaks them into the house and I step on them in the middle of the night.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #24

This is my favorite picture of her and GF's male 'pin. Sadie's the one with the heart on
her collar. Her ears perk up like that when I say: Dunes?

Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #25

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
Idiot Dog, aka Missie the snake killing yorkie sleeps under one of the front seats. But this trip she has taken to sleeping in the recliner between the front seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
This is my favorite picture of her and GF's male 'pin. Sadie's the one with the heart on
her collar. Her ears perk up like that when I say: Dunes?

Old 07-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Ours curl up on the floor in front of the Copilots seat. There tight up against the dash and the front door.
Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1468.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	24207  
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This doesn't probably help the OP, but here are some pics of my babies.....The one in the back of the car was before Angie came to us and before we had the motorhome...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2011-06-28_15-05-43_716.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	24213   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-06_11-00-02_293.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	24214  

Name:	2011-11-04_12.02.39.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	24215   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-05_14.30.42.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	24216  

Old 08-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
This doesn't probably help the OP, but here are some pics of my babies.....The one in the back of the car was before Angie came to us and before we had the motorhome...
Wow, you have quite the flock there. Very nice, must be fun herding them around.
Todd

Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote