Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #1

Hi Everyone,
We are first timers with a 2007 22 ft Gulfstream BT Crusier motorhome.
We will not be using it again till mid Jan when we hope to head to Florida. I am wondering how many of you cover your vehicles? I have a full size Ford van that I drive and know that even on the coldest winter days it warms up in the sun.
My RV is parked on a paved driveway with no trees over head so I was thinking that I might just cover the inside fabric and leave the vehicle itself uncovered to soak up the sun.
Also come Jan we will be starting to load it to head south so we want to have access into it.
What do you think?
Don
don springhetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #2

Hi Everyone,
We are first timers with a 2007 22 ft Gulfstream BT Crusier motorhome.
We will not be using it again till mid Jan when we hope to head to Florida. I am wondering how many of you cover your vehicles? I have a full size Ford van that I drive and know that even on the coldest winter days it warms up in the sun.
My RV is parked on a paved driveway with no trees over head so I was thinking that I might just cover the inside fabric and leave the vehicle itself uncovered to soak up the sun.
Also come Jan we will be starting to load it to head south so we want to have access into it.
What do you think?
Don
Old 10-15-2007, 06:03 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
I covered my RV last year with a new cover - it snowed, melted, then froze again and when I went to try to get in the RV, I had to tear the cover as it was froze to the RV in some places.
Myronlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #4

Thanks Myronlg,
Anyone else out there have any advice on covering for the winter?
Don
Old 10-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
IMO, don't cover. Purchased one of the "BEST" covers in the market that had doors, special entry, etc. Covered my Laredo for the winter. Boy was I surprised when I removed it in the spring. Found that the wind had moved the cover and the cloth---rated as soft, breatheable, etc.---had rubbed the edges of the rubber roof so much that the roof had to be replaced. Since this was a new unit and the dealer sold me the cover, he replaced the roof and made me promise not to use a cover again. Sincerely, Maverik

05 Excel CLO36
maverik/gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #6

Covered ours with one of the "best" ones. Lasted about 3 weeks before the wind ripped it up. RV now in covered storage.

Cover probably would work in some places, but there is too much wind here.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #7

Don, take a ride by one of the dealers in your area. Are their units covered? Nuf said, Ken,'04DSDP....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We weren't able to locate inside storage in time for our coach this year, so we purchased the nice ADCO AquaShed cover. It isn't doing too well so far. It's only been on 3 weeks & already our awning cover has started to rip it. We'll have to patch & try to see how we can adjust it/pad it so it lasts for the next 4 months. And we're not even into the high winds season yet - that seems to always come in December around here.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:21 AM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I have never used a cover on the RV, however a few years ago I did get "the best car cover on the market" ! I covered my 73 Nova and when I took the cover off in the spring the roof was all scratched and rusted !!! The cover went right in the trash !!!!!! I vote not to cover !!