Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #15
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Others can probably advise you better than me on brand quality, but on inspection of the track bar, the beefier it is the better. Long track arm, big bushings and a strong mounting system is what you are looking for. My MH with its Freightliner chassis has a front track bar the size of the fat end of a baseball bat.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Others can probably advise you better than me on brand quality, but on inspection of the track bar, the beefier it is the better. Long track arm, big bushings and a strong mounting system is what you are looking for. My MH with its Freightliner chassis has a front track bar the size of the fat end of a baseball bat.
Larry, I have a P30 chassis under our winterbeg&go which has front and rear sway bars darn near what you describe. Is that normal or add on. Also under my front coil springs there is some sort of dual spring thingy connected to two bars that I think hook into the steering; what the heck are these and what are they for?

Old 05-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #17
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Dennis, I'd have to do a little research. What brand is a P30? Now if you asked me how to make your Porsche handle better I could tell you in a heartbeat. I'm still learning about these beasts though.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You have a lite RV, for the sail area you have. Watch your mirrors and be ready to steer into him.
There's no add-on's that are going to solve your problem. It's not that big an issue, once your used to it .
Old 05-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #19
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
I have to disagree with you somewhat on this. True, nothing will help his RV from getting blown around, but if the body movement is causing roll-steer then there are specific suspension mods you can do to limit that.