Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #29
When someone is sleeping in the bed over-cab and rolls in the middle of the night it wakes me up when I'm sleeping in the rear bed. So being cheap as I am, I took a pair of Irwin wood clamps, they are metal bars with two plastic ends and a handle that you squeeze to close the clamps. Well on these clamps you can reverse the plastic ends and turn the clamp into a spreader. I take these clamps and put them under the rear bumper, spread them open a little so they fit snug between bumper and ground. They do the trick. I feel no motion in the class c at all. They are not heavy duty and won't raise the bumper more than an inch, but they prevent any motion from inside. They are light and fast on/off. I paid about $20.00 each. A lot cheaper that camper jacks. The hard part is remembering to take them off before leaving.

TroutScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Remember when you install these jacks in a class C to get as close to the rear wheels as possible. Mine are about 12" back of the axle. My buddy installed his right out near the rear bumper and when he extends his jacks he has problems closing the back door to his unit.

Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #31
Stabilizers are personal preference. Our 31 ft Four Winds came with zero sissor stabilizers. But the previous owner left one Wayne's stabilizer that seems to help installed under the rear bumper. (We sleep in the rear bed.) The Wayne's stabilizer is not permanently attached to anything and is stored in the pass thru when traveling. I had never heard of them before.

Oh, we do not have air bags.

genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote