Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you bother to use stabilizing jacks on your class c?

When we camp, I make sure to get my rig level, but don't bother to use stabilizing jacks. I have no slides and no auto level system. I am curious - are other class c owners using stabilizing jacks regularly? Of course I used to use them on my tent and travel trailers.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
The short answer is yes I do. I have found that it helps the shaking down a good bit. It doesn't eliminate it, but definitely helps a lot.
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
I have installed the Bigfoot Auto Leveling system on mine and I have to say that I love it. I put her in park hit the power button to the panel then hit auto and wait. Once the green light comes on I turn the power off and go into the rain and hook up the power, electric and sewer. It almost totally eliminates all side to side motion.
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have two scissor jacks mounted to the rear frame and run them down with battery operated drill. In the front I just slide two scissor jacks under frame and run up with same drill. Would like to have that auto level jack system installed, but it weighs to much and cuts into cargo carrying capacity. My C is 32 ft with 2 slides. Jacks firm it up quit a bit.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #5

Do those jacks stay mounted all the time? If they do how did you mount them to the Chassis. I'm looking at a Sprinter based C and it has no leveling system.
Thanks, Tom
odinjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bolted them on, be better to weld though I think. They don't level, just stabilize.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you have a link to the version you installed? Are they basically these? Did you have to drill holes in the frame?

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-57421-Ol...leveling+jacks
Old 07-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Those would be fine. Yes, drilled a couple holes in frame.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
no jacks, no stabilizers. the springs are stiff enough that the rv stays put very nicely.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #10

Agreed, other than a little wobble if someones walking around, the rig's plenty stable as-is.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #11

We have air bags in the rear... very little movement. Stab jacks are a good idea though.
outlaw557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4MBG View Post
no jacks, no stabilizers. the springs are stiff enough that the rv stays put very nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
Agreed, other than a little wobble if someones walking around, the rig's plenty stable as-is.
Agree with both of the above. We are new to RVing and although our TT certainly needed stabilizers our Winnebago doesn't wobble terribly where we need to remedy it.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Apparently you don't have a four year old who thinks the RV is his.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #14

we have the HWH system not auto level but manual. really not totally necessary but so much easier than ramps to level it. when we have all the grandkids it eliminates most shaking and rocking down to a wobble. unfortunately i'm having problems with it on this trip. i have to have the wife press the button while i crawl underneath and give the shuttle valve an "attitude adjustment" for it to work.
johnd1985 is offline   Reply With Quote