Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #1

Question Dodge F40 Parts ... B300???

Hey everyone, I just bought a 1981 Triple E Micmac IV motor home. It's a 26' and a real cream puff in terms of interior and extrior condition. All the appliances work, the interior is clean and in excellent shape, and exterior body looks fantastic. The motorhome has whopping 50,643km on it.

I paid $1800 CAD ... the seller was very motivated and I was in the right place at the right time. I truly think this unit was a steal even with the minor mechanical repairs it requires to be passed for safety.

It needs very little work to pass a safety, rear axle seals, ball joints, idler arms, and a few marker lights. This is easy work for me as I have the facility, tools, knowledge, and experience.

The problem I'm having is sourcing parts. The plate inside the drivers side door pillar states it as being a Dodge F40. The badge on the side of the vehicle states Sportsman. I've read some guys say to cross reference with an MB400, MB300, or B300.

I'm totally confused here and want to order the right parts once.

What vehicle do you use to source parts from? The B300?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #2

B-300, refers to " B "series 1 ton, van. As opposed to the 1960s " A "series and Sportsman is a trim package , headliner pass seat, wood grain dash and door panels.
When ordering front end parts your going to need the front axle weight rating off the door tag.
B-300= 1ton
B-200= 3/4 ton
B-100=1/2 ton

Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #3

Unfortunately, it shows F40 as in the model description of the pillar plate. I'm going to guess based on the GVWR that this is the B300 chassis.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #4

Dodge dealer may be able to run the serial number and give you the front axle weight rating. 80/81 getting a little old but the serial number/ equipment sheet, may be in the system. Is the plastic decal with the axle weights gone off the door pillar ?
If it's got dual rear wheels it's a 300. And if memory serves me correctly , and sometimes it does , the 200 only had 5 bolt wheels .
Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Dodge dealer may be able to run the serial number and give you the front axle weight rating. 80/81 getting a little old but the serial number/ equipment sheet, may be in the system. Is the plastic decal with the axle weights gone off the door pillar ?
If it's got dual rear wheels it's a 300. And if memory serves me correctly , and sometimes it does , the 200 only had 5 bolt wheels .
The other decal is not present ... only the serial plate is there.

It is a dually on the rear end though.

I'll try a local Dodge dealer to see if they can run the serial #. I also have a call into Triple E. I'm actually heading through Winkler, MB today where the company still manufactures RVs, and I may just stop in there to see if there's someone around with knowledge. It's a small town so there might even be someone working there still from that era ...
Old 06-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #6

I was through , Winkler , 3 years ago, good that they are still there , but a shadow of their former selves. Had an 05 , EEE 5th at the time.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #7

From what I understand, Triple E is making a huge comeback right now ... they still take up a massive amount of real estate in Winkler.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #8

Haven't gone on the web site to see what they are currently producing. After owning the 05 , 5th wheel, I considered one of their older "As" when I was shopping but couldn't find anything in my price range.
Being in Manasnowba , EEE, understands Canadian winter conditions and builds their units accordingly.
I got caught in a -28c storm, boon docking in the 5er and was very comfortable, truck barely started and took 15mins to warm up before it would move, thank goodness for heated seats.