Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #1

does anyone happen to have a schematic or manual for a 1978 dodge sportsman class c?
keith1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #2

Dodge Sportsman

does anyone happen to have a schematic or manual for a 1978 dodge sportsman class c?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
keith1959, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad ot have you join us here and look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. You have asked a tall order. There may not have ever been a wiring diagram in print for the house side of things. Only a few manufacturers like Winnebago, or Prevost convertors provided them at the time the coach was built. I will add a short cut of this topic into our New Member Check In forum so other can welcome ou and give you some more exposure to your request. GOod luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Keith1959...welcome to iRV2...I am also sorry that I cannot help you on the Manual or schematics for your Sportsman. I will keep an eye out for any information for it...but I did want to welcome you to the forum. You may also want to post in the "Vintage Forum" ...the people there are very sharp and probably know the best connections for things such as this...
as a matter of fact...I will link this to that forum instead of you having to post. Maybe Lorna, Wallaby Dan or one of the others..might be able to help...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:58 AM   #5

I have a 75 Tioga with the sportsman cab and chassis. what are you looking for specifically? I may have something I can send you. If you can get the specs (Year, MH manufacturer, Length, etc) on the rig you have If I dont' have it I may be able to get you a lead on the info.

Let me know.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #6

well my problem is that my vehichle battery is not charging while engine is running and i have a rebuilt alt just put in also a new voltage regulator and now just installed a second battery and while the rv is running the battery voltage is still only 12.4Volts, i have also checked for shorts by disconnecting battery and checked ohms between pos and neg and no shorts. Am now at a loss so the only other option is something in the house side is affecting the charging system on the engine.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Keith1959, Try and see if the Isolator is maybe shorted out? With the engine off Try and see if there is voltage at the center terminal. If there is the Isolator is shorted out. It works like a switch so that the battery for the coach doesn't drain the starting Battery. The switch itself could be open as they use diodes to isolate the two battery's.If so,it will not allow voltage and amperage to flow past the Isolator.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

If the new regulator didn't fix it, it could be the regulator is not seeing the true battery voltage and holding the alternator output voltage down. This can be caused by corrosion on the regulators sense wire, which often comes from the ignition switch terminal, though that is more likely to cause a high voltage rather than a low one. You could disconnect the existing voltage sense lead and run a temporary one right to the battery terminal to see if the regulator then adjusts the voltage up to around the 13.7-14.4 range.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">keith1959 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Keith,

Had the very same problem on my 1978 Lindy built on a Dodge Sportsman chassis. There is a voltage regulator mounted on the firewall just below the brake booster. Replace that and you should be good to go baring any other electrical problems. I replaced my started, alternator... before I finally learned that the regulator on these rigs is seperate from the alternator.

Good luck!

John
jhlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #10

The dodge is almost what she used to be.

For any body that still has an old 78-79 Dodge you can find manuals on eBay ridiculously priced. Or you could just go to archive.org become a member and get the dodge manual out for two weeks.

they are still moving even today
Attached Images

Old-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:32 PM   #11

Any Old timer Mechanics out there

Ok the front axle on this is 3,300 lb rating. All of them that I see for that year are the same size.

Here's the question is the rotor bigger than the normal size or thicker.

If its bigger then is the rotor just stood higher to compensate and using the same mounts.
Old-timer is offline   Reply With Quote