Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
If you want a pretty fair trial go rent a cube van, it will be the same as my little C is. The private road into both our summer place and our deer camp are pretty wild, I have no problem with either of them.

Same goes for city driving, there's scads of cube vans weaving their way through every big city, no problem.

For us this unit is perfect, big enough for a month stay, small enough the DW is perfectly happy heading out on her own, well, with Deputy Dog riding shotgun too.
It's interesting that you mentioned this. Last weekend I helped a new neighbor move in and he had rented a small E350 cube van. I followed him on the way out and the truck had no trouble with the most problematic stretch of the road. The truck was only 20-22' so it's possible a 25-28 footer would have more trouble but it looked doable with careful driving.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
We have a Winnebago Aspect 26A, about 28' long. It drives like a big van. I have never had a problem maneuvering it in and around campgrounds and RV parks. We like it for it's ability to go and fit where others won't.
I never really understood why people buy those extra long 31"+ Class C motorhomes; why not just buy a class a and be done with it?
Just my opinion, everyone has their reasons I suppose.
I wonder what percentage of RV sales are to new RVers? Jumping straight into a Class A might be too expensive/intimidating for a first time buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvten View Post
We have a Aspect 29' C (so called a B+)
Anything smaller and I would be climbing the walls after a month.

Handles well. We pull a toad.
Are you full timing? Next Spring we have a big business trip planned that can be combined with a road trip. We're thinking that'd be the perfect time to discover how well a rental 25' C works for 3-4 weeks. It'll be interesting to see if we can get away with a smaller mh or if we'll find ourselves regretting going small.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransitNW View Post
It's interesting that you mentioned this. Last weekend I helped a new neighbor move in and he had rented a small E350 cube van. I followed him on the way out and the truck had no trouble with the most problematic stretch of the road. The truck was only 20-22' so it's possible a 25-28 footer would have more trouble but it looked doable with careful driving.

Bear in mind though, with an RV they talk about bumper to bumper length (even including the rear stinky slinky tube bumper), with a cube van the length they talk about is the box only.

I'd have to guess an Econoline cab to be 6' or 7' minimum in length, so an 16' cube van would be a 22' to 24' RV.