Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #1
Drop down bed?

Anyone know of any rvs with beds like this. Preferably older than the shiney new 2015+ model years like this. <br />
<br />
Thank you, I've searched so many rvs on trader, youtube, www. I'm not sure they exist except on European class b's. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

MSMLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
Friends have a 2014 Class A, gas engine model with this bed, can't remember the brand MH.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
there is a full timer, he is on irv2, in an alfa see ya that put a neat Murphy bed in his rig, then added an office space when the bed is up. He does some kind of training or maintenance on fire systems trainers (I'm guessing here). He and DW travel all over the USA boondocking most the time. His toad is a bmw z3 series I think. I can't remember, (CRS) how I found his post & web site, my guess it was due to solar setup. His pics of the bed were amazing.
kerryvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I don't know how old of an RV that you might be interested in but the older Winnebego's (1984-87) had these above the driver's seat. I had an 86 Winnebego Chieftan that had it. It was wonderful for the extra campers that came along. I still miss that old RV, I should have kept it. It was pristine bought from the original owners. Hope that helps. They are hard to find now that they are so old and most old ones are trashed now.
"It is what it is...forward ho!

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BXS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:19 PM   #5
Drop down bed

My Winnebago trend has one- it's fantastic! For the extra sleeping space you can't beat it
baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:22 PM   #6
I amaze myself sometimes, found the link
DEBCAR RV Information
kerryvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
My sister and BIL just purchased a used 2015 Itasca 31' Class A and it has an overhead bed above the front seats. It is not a power bed and looks like one could be built fairly easily.
Ronnie (WD5GIC) & Jan (WD5IHU)
2003 Monaco Dynasty Countess 42' w/tag, 2012 Ford Flex

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #8
Ford Super Duty Owner
safari trex has power drop down beds
99 coachman catalina mbs-334
5.9 275hp dp
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #9
Thanks all!

that pic is from the classb+ coachman Orion. I'm looking for other b+ or c's