Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #1

We are considering the Dynamax DynaQuest and I have read some postings in this forum and a couple others but not much specifics. I am really interested in what owners have to say both the good and the ugly. If you have bad things to say and are not comfortable posting that stuff just click my name and send me a private message but really best to just post here so everyone can see.

Specifically I am interested in how much engine noise there is from that front engine diesel as well as heat generated in the cab. For those who have driven big Class A's with the huge windshields does the view from the drivers and copilots seat feel smaller? Also for those former Class A drivers compare the handling for me. Really appreciate any and all information.
Aggiepilot

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #2

We are considering the Dynamax DynaQuest and I have read some postings in this forum and a couple others but not much specifics. I am really interested in what owners have to say both the good and the ugly. If you have bad things to say and are not comfortable posting that stuff just click my name and send me a private message but really best to just post here so everyone can see.

Specifically I am interested in how much engine noise there is from that front engine diesel as well as heat generated in the cab. For those who have driven big Class A's with the huge windshields does the view from the drivers and copilots seat feel smaller? Also for those former Class A drivers compare the handling for me. Really appreciate any and all information.
Aggiepilot

Old 07-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
No answers for you yet Aggiepilot have you taken one for a test drive yourself?
From what I have seen in pics the cab area seems bigger than what my old class C had and has more windshield space as my class "A" has which gives you a good view of the road.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #4

Aloha 007,

Have not taken any Dynamax product for a test drive yet but plan on doing so on our trip to the mainland this fall. Have been in a couple of them just to look but they were the bigger Grand Sport Models which are a bit out of my price range unless I find a very good used one. I have rented a couple of class A units a 34 foot model and 37 foot model and was not real comfortable the first time driving it. Think the setup on the Dynamax will give a different perspcetive and feel. Thanks for the reply and watching to see if any Dynamax folks step in here. Mahalo
Aggiepilot
Old 09-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #5

Aggiepilot,

We visited the Dynamax factory last week. Didn't get a chance to drive one, but they are really impressive. Later in the week, we did get to ride in a Showhauler built on the same Freightliner chassis. I was impressed by the ride and handling. The air suspension probably makes a big difference there. The shop manager who was driving claimed it is no more difficult to drive than any other MH.

I can tell you that visibility from the passenger seat is fantastic. Definitely no problem with that. Engine noise wasn't objectionable. The big Freightliner is no more noisy than my Dodge Ram diesel pickup. Quieter probably. I didn't notice any heat in the cab. It was very comfortable.

I would also like to hear from anyone here who has one of these "Super Class C" motorhomes.

RobCN
Old 09-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #6

Ours is on the Columbia, no heat issues and we talk in normal tones.