RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #1

E 450 Seat Options

I have a 2007 Gulfstream on the E450 chassis. The drivers seat is without question the most uncomfortable one I have ever sat on. The limited distance away from the steering wheel is not my issue but the seat itself. Has anyone found a better seat for this application of found having an upholstery shop modify the existing one to solve the problem?

hoakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2018, 01:52 AM   #2

Anyone done an upgrade like this? I'd also be looking to improve my super-uncomfortable econoline chairs in the future.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoakken View Post
I have a 2007 Gulfstream on the E450 chassis. The drivers seat is without question the most uncomfortable one I have ever sat on. The limited distance away from the steering wheel is not my issue but the seat itself. Has anyone found a better seat for this application of found having an upholstery shop modify the existing one to solve the problem?
In our 2017 e450 I think the seat is comfortable. Try setting in a new e450 if you like it I'm sure the seat mounts are the same. You can always buy aftermarket seats like flexsteel etc. .. You could also contact Explorer van conversion in Warsaw Indiana they have nice seats that have full power and are heated.
nvs4602 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:04 AM   #4

This might help
rv power seat bases,chevy,ford rv seat bases
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:38 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The front seats are RV manufacturer specific,not ford, e350/450 are shipped with a fiberglass bucket seat for transport, so it's up to the outfitter to get a good seat.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:30 AM   #6

The ones in mine are Ford right down to the part number on the bases.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
The front seats are RV manufacturer specific,not ford, e350/450 are shipped with a fiberglass bucket seat for transport, so it's up to the outfitter to get a good seat.
....well that's an interesting statement
Old 11-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoakken View Post
The ones in mine are Ford right down to the part number on the bases.
Wow, what brand of class c ? Is it all original?
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:44 AM   #9

Ford replaced the base of my 2018 29mv .Due to the switch for the seat being stuck in the up position, under warranty.So I think it is a ford part.I think it is a comfortable seat .
skipbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #10
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd go with avfordguy's answer. My 2007 E-450 seat was like sitting on a 5-gallon pail. I talked to my Ford dealer and they said "nope, not ours." I never thought to ask about the base. I found a woman to rebuild my old seats for way less and was quite happy. Now if my FlexSteal/Fleetwood seats were as good...
Old 11-25-2018, 07:00 PM   #11

I seem to be one of the few that don't mind the mildly cramped 'cockpit' feel of the Ford, but then I'm shy of 5 foot nine. I also find the 'padding' just fine. BUT, I think the 'Luxor Leather' covering is a joke, as its very thin, sheds material and is the farthest thing from leather that you can imagine. My seat only has minimal manual adjustability, but I've found adding a mesh lumbar support bracket that rests into the seat back greatly improved overall comfort....obviously, people have individual needs for lower back support and some stock seats don't offer enough.
Siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:34 AM   #12

I have a similar age rv (2004 Dutchmen) that we bought almost three year ago.
If you are a bit handy and looking for cheap solution here is what i did:
I found a pair of 2000ish highback seats from a ford windstar at a pull a part yard and swapped them in. Changing the seatbelt harware to the "new" seats and bolting them on the rv bases.

Pretty easy, almost bolt-on affair with only a little bit of clearance work with a grinder on driver side base and two new mounting holes per side.

Gained 3-4 inches of room in all directions and much more confortable, lots more foot room on pass side and much easier going to the back from front seats.
heavy metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy metal View Post
I have a similar age rv (2004 Dutchmen) that we bought almost three year ago.
If you are a bit handy and looking for cheap solution here is what i did:
I found a pair of 2000ish highback seats from a ford windstar at a pull a part yard and swapped them in. Changing the seatbelt harware to the "new" seats and bolting them on the rv bases.

Pretty easy, almost bolt-on affair with only a little bit of clearance work with a grinder on driver side base and two new mounting holes per side.

Gained 3-4 inches of room in all directions and much more confortable, lots more foot room on pass side and much easier going to the back from front seats.
Iíll have to take a few measurements ,easy to do as my wife drives a freestar and itís parked next to the motor home. Seems like I would have thought of doing that.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
MIGHT BE interesting/ good time to mention PASSENGER SEAT PROBLEM I had was CURED by fixing the BARREL CHAIR behind it. Passenger seat had almost zero slide/ back tilt and barrel chair had similar issues on slide and rotate. Turns out the Barrel chair was mounted on its base BACKWARDS (and my guess is problem caused by PO/flooring installer when carpet was removed and wood floor installed. BNow the barrel chair slides and rotates and the passenger seat slides and reclines :-) :-) :-)