Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #1

E450 Oil and filter change cost

Will be getting my first oil change and filter shortly. It will be done at a Ford dealer. When I had an F53 Class A the cost was quite reasonable.

What should I expect to pay now?

Tx

Don
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2011, 05:52 AM   #2

You don't say when you last changed oil on your F-53. Cost have skyrocketed in the past few months. I do my own oil changes, so what ever the cost of good oil is, plus filter is the same on both units. Grease the chassis.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzyblueye
You don't say when you last changed oil on your F-53. Cost have skyrocketed in the past few months. I do my own oil changes, so what ever the cost of good oil is, plus filter is the same on both units. Grease the chassis.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #4

I got an oil change last week for our V10 E450 and I paid $46 at a local repair shop, the one prior was done last August at a Ford dealership and I paid $36.
20andOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #5

Smile More expensive lube and oil change

I would not feel bad about an oil change and lube that cost in the $50 - $60 range. I just had my 31' DynaQuest 302 ST serviced Friday. It has a Cat C7 diesel. The oil change (22 qts) plus a full chassis lube (25+ fitings) plus 2 mega fuel filters plus a mega oil filter plus three hours of labor for checking things over cost just over $500. I know this is sort of "apples to oranges" but I just wanted to help put maintenance costs in perspective. If the job is done right it is worth paying a fair profit to the dealer/mechanic.
By the way, I am a Newbie on this forum and very much am enjoying all the comments and ideas being discussed.
arthurhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurhugh View Post
I would not feel bad about an oil change and lube that cost in the $50 - $60 range. I just had my 31' DynaQuest 302 ST serviced Friday. It has a Cat C7 diesel. The oil change (22 qts) plus a full chassis lube (25+ fitings) plus 2 mega fuel filters plus a mega oil filter plus three hours of labor for checking things over cost just over $500. I know this is sort of "apples to oranges" but I just wanted to help put maintenance costs in perspective. If the job is done right it is worth paying a fair profit to the dealer/mechanic.
By the way, I am a Newbie on this forum and very much am enjoying all the comments and ideas being discussed.
Arthur, if you look at my sig you will see we've had 2 DPs. So with respect to your cost - been there done that. :( Mind you, the place where I got GREAT value was Freightliner at its Gaffney plant - all the year one service on a CAT C7 PLUS switch of Allison transmission to Transynd from Dexron. I was very pleased with that invoice. With my next one it was all year one service on Ambassador with ISC, plus diesel gen service - and that was over $900 at a Cummins dealer.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20andOut View Post
I got an oil change last week for our V10 E450 and I paid $46 at a local repair shop, the one prior was done last August at a Ford dealership and I paid $36.
Thanks. I like those prices.

Don
Old 05-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #8

Just left the local Ford dealer... oil change, new filter and lube was $59.99 and tax. This is on an E450 Super Duty chassis with a V10 engine.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:43 AM   #9

Fair enough price, especially through a dealer. Did you supervise the lubing of the chassis zerks?
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote