Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #1

Electrical system not working on 4/5 of the motor home

I recently installed a new exterior 30A rv plug att our house and it has been powering the RV great for 5 days and then this afternoon we went in and the A/C, fridge, interior lights, all but 2 outlets don't work. all of the breakers are working - I tested the conductivity of them, and all work properly. I have 120v going to all breaker switches but only one breaker is providing power and that is to the Microwave and TV. I hve tried switching the lines going in to the breaker and none of the stuff works. I have looked for a GFI outlet or breaker and can not find one anywhere. the exterior outlet for the fridge is showing 120V with no fault according to my GFI tester. I am looking for any suggestion on where to look next.

it is a 2005 Winnebago Minnie 31C.

Thanks
USCG CPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #2

I do not think the refer outlet is GFI???????? it is not on mine.

I would look harder for the "master" GFI outlet that is controlling the dead outlets.

My two kitchen outlets were controlled by the hidden bath GFI outlet>
Showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
YC1

Grab a kid or your wife and have them look for all outlets. Don't tell them why. Different height people see from different angels and often spot things I miss. I have a couple of GFI's and they are in stupid places.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club

It sounds like a GFI. Here's a link to Winnebago Wiring Diagrams: Wiring Diagrams

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #5

update -

I found one of the GFI outlets and reset it - so now I have power to the outlets - still no power to the fridge, AC or the status panel or the light and FAn above the range. I checked the exterior outlet for the fridge and I have good power there, just not to the fridge.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for the link to the wiring diagram
Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
How's your 12v system?

How's your 12v system? My AC & fridge need / use 12v for their control circuitry ... with out 12v power, they do not work. My interior lights are all 12v.
gwtriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
YC1

Ditto on the 12 volts. If the charger was offline the batteries could be dead and the charger has not brought them up yet.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #8

We have the house batteries disconnected - they were disconnected when it was working.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Reconnect the batteries. 12 v controls the refrigerator (even on 120 v or propane) the thermostat is 12 v and turns the A/C or heater on and off. The range fan is 12 v, your water heater is 12 v controlled. Also, your on-board converter/charger is usually disconnected from the batteries when they are disconnected. That disconnect switch is only used for long term storage when not plugged in to shore power.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #10

Hi all
acemonsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #11

I recently bought my first motorhome 1995 Class C Jayco Design Series on a ford F350. When I have the unit plugged into the outdoor house outlet the interior lights fans etc.. seem to work fine once its unplugged the batteries should run this stuff I would think but are not? I checked the power to both batteries and all the breakers appear on..... is there a Master fuse that might need replacing? man I am stumped??? :(
acemonsoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical