Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 12:37 PM   #1

Emergency Road Side Service

Does anyone have experience with Coach Net or Good Sam emergency road service in Canada and Alaska. We plan to drive the Alcan highway this July and want to buy the best emergency plan available. Would appreciate experiences and recommendations with the above two and other providers

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #2

Coach Net all the way!

Old 05-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Second Coach Net. Although they may use the same providers in both places.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #4

Did the trip twice w/ Coach Net.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #5

Thanks to all for the consensus purchase Coach Net roadside assistance recommendations.

We have an American Express Platinum card, when I called AMEX this morning to inform them of our travel plans the agent volunteered that our card provides a roadside assistance program that covers our RV in Canada and Alaska. Until the agent mentioned this benefit, I was completely unaware of this benefit.

IRV2 members highly recommend Coach Net roadside assistance. Since my call to AMEX I am on the horns of a dilemma, purchase Coach Net or depend on AMEX.

Your comments and recommendation will be greatly appreciated.
Bill
Old 05-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I've had both, and they use the same independent providers. Good sam offers slightly better prices and a few extras that I've never used. I use to drive tow truck.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrewer View Post
Thanks to all for the consensus purchase Coach Net roadside assistance recommendations.

We have an American Express Platinum card, when I called AMEX this morning to inform them of our travel plans the agent volunteered that our card provides a roadside assistance program that covers our RV in Canada and Alaska. Until the agent mentioned this benefit, I was completely unaware of this benefit.

IRV2 members highly recommend Coach Net roadside assistance. Since my call to AMEX I am on the horns of a dilemma, purchase Coach Net or depend on AMEX.

Your comments and recommendation will be greatly appreciated.
Bill
Providing a service and providing the right service is not an option you want to learn about anywhere on the road. You would not use a pellet gun to shoot a tiger, so you want roadside assistance geared to your rig and not just your car.

Both services understand that you need a BIG wrecker for a tow. Coachnet will have tech people on the other end to help you out.
So relying on your AMEX service is not something I personally would do.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana25K View Post
Providing a service and providing the right service is not an option you want to learn about anywhere on the road. You would not use a pellet gun to shoot a tiger, so you want roadside assistance geared to your rig and not just your car.

Both services understand that you need a BIG wrecker for a tow. Coachnet will have tech people on the other end to help you out.
So relying on your AMEX service is not something I personally would do.
Thanks to all for the recommendations we are now Coach Net premier members. That said I just learned that I cannot make toll free calls on satellite phones.

I called Coach Net and asked for their commercial phone number.

The agent told me that they do not have a commercial number just toll free numbers.

I asked how I can contact coach net if we encounter problems on the Alcan Highway.

The agent said that their members routinely use the toll free number to call in from the Alcan Highway.

I pointed out that that cell phone service is not available along the Alcan.

She could not explain how members made calls from the Alcan.

I must be missing something can anyone explain how to contract coach net along the Alcan?
Old 06-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #9

Emergency Road Side service

After chatting with a Coach Net agent via the telephone, I sent a message to Coach Net asking them to confirm that they do not have a commercial number that will work on satellite phones. I received the following reply.

"Thank you for contacting Coach-net, The local number for our dispatch department is 469-941-5794. I hope you have a safe trip and should you need any further assistance please contact our member services department 1-877-801-0333."

I called the number an a representative answered on the second ring.

We are now good to go.

Tags
service