Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #1

Entegra Coach Esteem vs Forest River Forester?

okay - I previously posted in the Class A forum. Now after looking we are thinking a Class C might be a better fit.

I'm currently comparing these two and wanted to know if anyone has any advice on them OR can recommend something better.

What we like - the shorter size and better ride than the Class A's we were looking at. We think this will do better in National Parks. Also, these have tow capacity of 7,500 instead of the 5,000 we were getting on the Class A's.

2019 Entegra Coach Esteem 31L w/bunks
https://www.mhsrv.com/2019-entegra-c...-c-tx-i2369389

2019 Forest River Forester 3071S w/bunks

https://www.mhsrv.com/2019-forest-ri...-c-tx-i2283040

I'm thinking the Entegra is going to have a better ride and handling. But, would like to hear from people who own either of these OR another class C they think is better.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #2

They are both E450 SuperDutys. Should ride about the same. 89000 miles on mine and no complaints.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #3

Both look nice. I personally prefer residential fridge, but you need to find what meet best your needs. Good luck!
Old 11-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If your in texas I vote for the Entegra for simple reason 2 a/c units, one a/c on a 31ft class c is marginal at 100 degrees, dont ask me how I know.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

Esteem all the way. Can't beat the two year warranty. Entegra is well known for taking care of customers after the sale.
Plus you get better suspension upgrades right off.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.LEO View Post
Esteem all the way. Can't beat the two year warranty. Entegra is well known for taking care of customers after the sale.
Plus you get better suspension upgrades right off.
Entegra esteem. We love ours!
lauried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauried View Post
Entegra esteem. We love ours!
Can't wait for the wife to retire so we can finally get ours
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #8

I downsized from an Entegra Aspire diesel pusher to an Entegra Esteem 30X, which is basically the same as a Jayco 30X. We have been VERY satisfied with the change. Handling and ride are excellent even if windy and I think the quality is quite good. I'd buy either the Entegra or the Jayco Class C again. V10 is very robust.
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:45 AM   #9

we love ours!

We picked ours up from the dealer and took it on a 3,000 mile trip. No issues. Have not had to take it back to dealer for any repairs. Great Quality!
Old 02-02-2019, 12:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
We picked ours up from the dealer and took it on a 3,000 mile trip. No issues. Have not had to take it back to dealer for any repairs. Great Quality!
You didn’t post which one you picked.
I’m assuming it was the Entegra?
Russ Potteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:47 PM   #11

Bought new jayco Entegra Esteem 30x October 2018. Upon leaving dealership, went to Disney Ft. Wilderness campground. Discovered water ppoling under kitchen cabinet by dining room slide. Nonstop. Drove back to dealership, they discovered fitting had not been tightened properly.
September 2019 headed back to Ft. Wilderness campground. On 300 mile trip, 20 miles into it, window above couch made crunching noises & within 1 mile shattered & blew out. No idea what caused that as window is on passenger side.
Other than these 2 issues, no problems. Good handling on road. But makes me wonder, what's next?
Michelle54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:04 AM   #12

I went for the Entegra Esteem 30X (Jayco 30X) also. Downsized from an Entegra Aspire diesel pusher. We gravitated to the longer chassis on the 30X because we felt that the road manners would be better. And they REALLY ARE! VERY stable with wind and trucks and now my wife is helping me with the driving chores. Only trouble in the first year (9000 miles) is a creaking floor in front of the kitchen sink area, and sometimes the black tank is hard to drain, even with RV toilet paper. The conventional gear driven slide works well--I DID NOT want a Schwintek or cable driven slide. The only other annoyance is that we have given up 75% of the junk we used to carry. It pulls my Jeep Rubicon just fine. Shifting is well controlled with my ScanGauge and now I know what my trans and coolant temps REALLY are...
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle54 View Post
Bought new jayco Entegra Esteem 30x October 2018. Upon leaving dealership, went to Disney Ft. Wilderness campground. Discovered water ppoling under kitchen cabinet by dining room slide. Nonstop. Drove back to dealership, they discovered fitting had not been tightened properly.
September 2019 headed back to Ft. Wilderness campground. On 300 mile trip, 20 miles into it, window above couch made crunching noises & within 1 mile shattered & blew out. No idea what caused that as window is on passenger side.
Other than these 2 issues, no problems. Good handling on road. But makes me wonder, what's next?
Sounds like Fort Wilderness is not in your cards.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:10 PM   #14

Picked up our Entegra Odyssey in July of 18, so have had it a little over a year now. Put about 9K miles on it so far, and other than a minor leak behind the toilet and a tire valve issue, all has been well! Recently upgraded to a digital thermostat and new shower head, and switched the headlights to LEDs. Odyssey only has one AC, but kept us comfortable in Texas 2 weeks ago in 100 degree weather. It's our first RV, so we wanted something big enough but didn't cost our firstborn. Handles well, except on the Texas roads going into Dallas, when we started porpoising thanks to a stretch of road. That was fun...just had to back off a bit
BobinChina03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, forest river