Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2019, 07:58 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Entegra/Thor thoughts or experience

New to the forum, but not new to RVing, however I would appreciate the thoughts of those more familiar than myself with these 2 coaches. I will be getting a new motor home. It will either be an Entegra Esteem 29v or a Thor Super C with the Ford Powerstroke diesel. Both nice looking coaches, but was hoping others could share thoughts on build quality or any other issues that I should consider. Both are new models. Thanks in advance.
MaxB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2019, 09:41 AM   #2

I have had my Entegra Esteem 29V since March. I have about 6,000 miles on it but it came with 2,500 miles on it with delivery. There is much to like about my RV. The 2 year warranty, the J-ride suspension improvements, 7,500# towing capacity, fiberglass roof, and overall quality are all good points.

The downsides are the flimsy storage compartments that can't take anything heavy like a full spare propane tank. Also the lack of window side valences in the back was a cost cutting that shouldn't have happened in an upscale rig. While there is room for a second battery, it should have come with it. IMHO overall minor complaints. I'm enjoying the heck out of my rig and I plan to keep it for as many years as I have left camping. I added Alcoa wheels, TPMS and valve extenders as well as Dish satellite TV with a Winegard Trav'ler dish. I also added a Roadmaster Spare Tire Carrier for the hitch.

I don't know much about the Thor so I'll let someone else comment on them.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #3

following would like top hear about the Thor Super C as well
ajsfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:30 PM   #4

The following is anecdotal and not my own experience. Just so we have that straight.

Last week in a Wichita Falls Texas campground a couple pulled in next to us with a Thor F550 based super C. One of them told me the chassis and driving was nice but the house part was a constant problem, just one thing after another. She had a litany of complaints including bad wiring, propane leaks, plumbing leaks, shower leaks, bad slide seals, bad slides, bad paint and on and on. Some problems were ongoing.

She was not satisfied with either Thor of the dealer and was trading the thing in on a Winnebago Forza, which she was sporting two days later.

Take it for what you will.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:33 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
UPDATE: Went today to look at and test drive the Entegra Esteem, but ended up with a DP. I really liked the Esteem. But wife thought the passenger area was too cramped. Made the mistake of letting the dealer show us some diesel pushers. And yes, the wife really liked one of them. Came out of there with a Berkshire 34QS. Beautiful coach and I think we will really enjoy it.
MaxB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:42 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
You did right getting the DP. Quiet and smooth.
Not a big fan of the screaming V10 gas.
Happy Trails
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:09 AM   #7
P38

X2 on the DP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
You did right getting the DP. Quiet and smooth.
Not a big fan of the screaming V10 gas.
Happy Trails
P38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:24 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
You don’t often hear much noise about them, but you’ll enjoy the Berk and it’s amenities. There is a Berkshire sub forum you’ll want to subscribe to and a lot of folks with actual experience with them.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:33 PM   #9
UAV

Overall, like the Thor XG32 a lot but had a few drawbacks.

The interior is great. Wife wished it had at least a combo washer and dryer but that is a personal thing.

The exterior not as well thought out.

Wet bay is under a slide and hard to tend to overall IMHO in just about all the Thor Super Cs if memory serves. Sort of an afterthought it does appear.

Also not a fan of the gravity fill for water without any sort of locking mechanism on it. Maybe I am paranoid but there are so many goofballs out there anymore one never knows who will put what in a tank.

One interesting thing I recently heard/learned was that if there are any issues with the engine (which I would think is very rare, love the F550 Engine) which requires the engine to be removed for any reason, there isn't enough room to do so without removing the bunk/cab over above the cockpit of the F550? Thought that was interesting albeit rare.

Once I took a look at it it sort of made sense.

Anyway, we opted to go with the bigger Super C in the end.

I like most all Super Cs and pros and cons to all of them as well.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:41 PM   #10

We spent about a month looking at various DPs and then decided we wanted a Super C. We were lucky enough to have a local dealer that had a Thor Magnitude and an Entegra Accolade on the lot sitting across from each other. Wee test drove both and then sat in both for an hour discussing what we liked and what we didn't like. The Accolade won by a long shot. The primary selling points for us were the opposing wall slides creating much more room in the living area and the ability to use the bed if the bedroom slide was retracted. The Thor had to have the bed inclined to retract the bedroom slide and it was extremely tight getting around inside with the slides retracted. Another major selling point was the 2 year overall and 5 year structural warranty on the Entegra Accolade. We took delivery of the Accolade on Oct 5.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, thor