Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Extended Warranty Again!

Comments please on Wholesale Warranties for an extended warranty plan. Looking for a plan for 2010 Jayco Greyhawk. Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

goodstick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Texas Boomers Club
I too ask a similar question early on my days here at iRV2. Do a search, you'll see a TON of conversations on topic.

Don't forget to turn off the water before you head out on a trip!

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
More like a couple tons of info.

I liked and went with Wholesale Warranties after 3 or 4 months of researching all the possibilities.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
With warranties you have to read the small print. For instance I bought my wife a T-bird and we got an aftermarket warranty. The cowl cover gasket was improperly installed by Ford and water got into one of the spark plugs. The cost to fix was $1150.00 the warranty company said they don't cover water damage. I took it in again because the top wouldn't close properly and the cost was 790.00 and the warranty company said they don't cover convertible tops... You get the picture we paid $2100.00 for the warranty and they never paid for a single thing.

Are all warranty plans bad like this one? NO! There are a few and you can find them. Since you are talking about a motor home you have to take into account that you can get 1, 2 or 3 warranties.

Warranty 1) The Chassis. Your unit is more than likely a Ford which has a 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty that transfers no matter how many times it is transferred. You can drive your coach to any Ford dealership and get an extended warranty for up to 7 years or 100.000 miles. You can do like I did and get an aftermarket warranty or you can get the Ford ESP. I like this one because it is honored by every Ford dealer in the country and if you spend a few dollars more you can get it with a 0 deductible which means if your transmission dies at 50,000 miles you can have it towed to a Ford dealer and they will give you a brand new transmission for nothing! Note you can also get a service plan which will cover oil changes, filters and lubes at any Ford dealership nation wide.

Warranty 2) The House part. The manufacturers have a 1 year warranty with the exception of Jayco who has a 2 year warranty you can get an extended warranty from the dealership of your choice but you may not enjoy the national coverage. They will generally tell you a list of things that are included but they don't always tell you what is excluded. Like in my case. Had the plug failed under normal circumstances it would have been covered. So if you get a leak or you don't have a surge protector on your line and your microwave blows out you may not be covered and most of them have a rider that says that items that are destroyed due to leaks aren't covered.

Warranty 3) Your generator you will have to contact the manufacturer of the generator for what they offer.

The kicker is that in most cases warranties are based on the original date of purchase. That is the day the first owner took the keys and drove it off the lot. You said that it was a 2010 which means it could have been originally purchased in 2009. I am not sure but I think that the 3year 36000 warranty has to be in effect for you to be able to get the 7 year 100,000 from Ford.

Hope this helped you and good luck.
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #5
I agree with the post above however for me many of the after market companies are no good, once you read the fine print. The BIG print of the contract is where they promise a world happiness free from the hassle of repair bills. The SMALL print in the contract is where they take away most of the coverage you will most likely need at a later time.

I have always looked for the Extended factory coverage for my vehicles as they have skin in the game. They want you to purchase a vehicle again, so they have a good reason to treat you right.
GRV We love to Roam
2013 Georgetown
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote