Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #1

EZ Pass

Do I need a different EZ Pass tag (NJ) for my 2 axel class C RV? Note: My current EZ Pass supports my 2 axel car.
Frank33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #2

Just add your class c on your pass

Sent from my LG-H910 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
ej1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #3

My previous class c (28 foot) used to share my ez pass from ny with my cars, all interchangeable.

My current Class A (36 foot) (also 2 axle) has it's own, as the weight was too high for the previous ez pass.

So I an not sure there is a single answer.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #4

Maybe calling EZPass to get the right answer from the right people would be the best advice. I wouldn't think it would be that hard.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:09 AM   #5

I used my car one for a year or 2, then needed another car pass. They suspended my account cause I was running my car pass on my 31ft Class C. All I had to do was get a class 2 pass for the RV to clear up the account.
This is in Pa

They do ask for the GVRW of the RV, I gave them the number off the sticker
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #6

I have used my Maryland EZPass for over 3 years, sometimes coach only, coach and toad, toad only and wife truck only. Works fine on any vehicle registered to the EZPass.

I go online to add/delete vehicles (log onto EZPass account).

I have traveled East, West, North and South no problems with it.

I would log into your account online and try adding your coach.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #7

I'm not sure the weight is relevant. They charge by the axle.
toymaker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaker10 View Post
I'm not sure the weight is relevant. They charge by the axle.
Not in PA, no one sitting there counting in the ezpass lanes, but they do in the cash lanes.
They have scales in the lanes.
I get the ezpass rate class 2 with the RV only, RV & toad or RV and a trailer.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:12 AM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
Yes, weight is relevant. All my car EZPasses are interchangeable except my RV pass is specific to the make / model and GVWR - it took them a little while to send the specific unit out.

I just got my pass this spring for a 2017 29' Jayco Greyhawk.
GraniteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #10

Welcome to the forum.

I was in the Houston EZ tag office yesterday as this is my first Class C I am using in the Houston area. I was told I needed a separate one. They also gave me instructions that ask for the tag to be placed low to avoid the front cab to hinder reading by the toll machines. I paid $15.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #11

In NH the pass is vehicle specific, you need a separate unit for each vehicle. I can’t imagine unbolting it from my number plate and bolting it on different vehicles even if it was alright.
Radexjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #12

EZ Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank33 View Post
Do I need a different EZ Pass tag (NJ) for my 2 axel class C RV? Note: My current EZ Pass supports my 2 axel car.

We just finished an 8400 mile trip in our 24 ft RV with same ez pass we used with our car couple years back, no problems, I think Florida was only state we were in that did not take ez pass. Our ez pass is up on our windshield with Velcro, we just to it and put in our RV, we returned November 1st and heard nothing from ez pass, they just took money from our account as we traveled, i will check with husband to look at our statement from them
Desertsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #13

Sorry all , I stand corrected. I just check the NH E-Z Pass site and found under FRQ that as long as you use the same vehicle axels it is alright to move it from vehicle to vehicle. This is good to know for future reference. The person I originally spoke with must have been misinformed, like the toll taker on the NJ turnpike that didn’t understand the difference between dual tires and dual axels.
Radexjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:26 AM   #14

I called Fl Sun pass last week to find out the difference between E pass and Sun pass and was told that next year Fl will be recognizing EZ pass.
toymaker10 is offline   Reply With Quote