Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2015, 07:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post

If you own or spend some time with a Lazy Daze it doesn't take long to realize the quality and all the gimmicks like sliders fade from thought.

Those big panoramic windows are unmatched by anyone else, except maybe an Airstream trailer.
The floor plan on the mid-bath 27' to include the panoramic windows sold my DW the first time she saw a LD while we were on a trip. A fully functional kitchen with an oven, 3-burner stove, microwave, dual sinks, solid surface countertops, and more than enough cabinet space for the 2 of us. The bath with a solid, one-piece fiberglass shower is another high point for us. As I have rooted around and looked behind and under all parts of the motorhome, I'm finding carefully installed plumbing, electrical lines, and 1st class construction. I have many more thoughts about our LD, but enough for now. There are some things I would change if I was CEO of LD, but then all of us on this forum would probably do the same thing with their RV.

Only plans right now ... hit the road for 3-4 days every chance we get.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #16

Although Lazydaze makes a quality unit I am disappointed. We finally had the time to look at one this morning. Nice on the outside but really sucks on the inside. So dated that even my dead Grandmother would say it looks old!. This was a 98. Parquet flooring that is too dark. It was a rear bed but not a Queen. On the other side of the bed was the ugliest closet I have ever seen in an RV. Multi angles. What were they thinking?? The cabinet doors are far too dark and weird looking. Well built but ugly! But they last forever. I will look at some other brand.

moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #17

You're calling a 17-18 year old motorhome old and dated? That's funny! I think any other brand 1998 would strike you so.

Parquet floors were never standard from the factory that I've ever seen. Owners make lots of personal modifications over the years.

Lazy Daze' biggest mistake was a rear queen on the 26.5 ft. It had only a tiny dinette and jump seat. They stopped making it quickly after introduction.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #18

That LD was dated the day it was sold. Bad design. Layout is important.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #19

Well I am sure you're happy with your 42 footer. Don't know why you are here or care. You must have been butt-hurt by LD and have an axe to grind?

I enjoy the Lazy Daze design, layout and quality. I would change the fabrics if I had a say but don't see them as any worse than any other RV.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
You must have been butt-hurt by LD and have an axe to grind?
I agree since he wants to push his poorly worded opinion in a thread in which he is not welcome.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #21

Just who are you to say a person is welcome. We are looking for a smaller unit to take to Mexico. LD was at the top of my list because of the quality. I do not like the interiors and am entitled to my opinion!
Old 10-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
...and am entitled to my opinion!
That's true, you are.

From what I understand about the roads in Mexico (and California too) they aren't that smooth. I would think you'd be more interested in the ruggedness and strength of an RV than the style.

A "more stylish" RV with slide outs and flimsy cabinets would become less attractive when it starts to crumble?

Why not take your 42' to Mexico? It must be beautiful and would look great on those gorgeous beaches.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
am entitled to my opinion!
You're absolutely correct.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #24

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ed-

I'm sorry that your thread, started with such enthusiasm, has taken an unhappy turn.

Ed and Bill-

You both understand what makes Lazy Daze coaches special, and I'm sure you recognize that they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Moisheh-

I'm glad that you got to see a Lazy Daze for yourself during your search for a smaller coach to take to Mexico. Better informed = better choices. I do hope, though, that you continue to keep LD in the back of your mind, even if you buy a different brand. They have a ruggedness and simplicity that is a decent match with the challenges of traveling off the beaten path. If you do find yourself looking at Lazy Dazes again, you might find one of the three floor plans on the 27-footer more to your liking. In any case, all the best in your search!

Now, I ask one and all, can I go back to my other peaceful pursuits? :-)

Mark
Old 10-14-2015, 09:02 PM   #25

I really did not want to hurt anyone's feelings!! I love Classic MH's and have restored a few over the years. AS for taking our 42 ft. to Mexico. Surely you jest. The 4 slides would become part of the solid walls. It would never be the same!!!