Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #1

Finally - 2009 Lazy Daze

I made my first post to irv2.com two (2) years ago when we started our search for a RV. Our search started with Class A MH's and lasted for many months. For many of the same reasons that others have been posted on this Class C Forum, we stepped back and started another search for travel trailers. DW had a hard time with this RV plan especially since the TT we wanted was made 1600 miles away. In addition, my truck was borderline towing the TT of choice. In the meantime, we spent a year helping a relative with serious health problems, which slowed down our plans. (One of life's many challenges.)

About six (6) months ago, we started another search for a Class C MH. After hours and countless hours (days & weeks) of reading, looking, studying, and so forth, we focused our search on Lazy Daze. We knew that finding a LD would be like finding hen's teeth. This was a tedious search to say the least. The good folks over at the "Life with a Lazy Daze RV" (Yahoo group) were very supportive and helpful during our search.

In late August 2015, we heard about a 2009 Mid-bath Lazy Daze for sale about 600 miles away from home. After visiting with the owners, we packed a rental car and made the trip and found a wonderfully equipped and much loved Lazy Daze.

After the purchase, we made a 14 day "shake down cruise" and arrived back home in one piece. This Forum has been mighty helpful to us with many answers to my many questions and for that I am grateful.

And that's our story!
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #2

Traxless-

Let me be the first one on iRV2 to say "Congratulations!"

My wife and I were third owners of a 1998 Lazy Daze mid-bath. It was a wonderful coach.

Mark
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #3

Congrats on your new baby. We too are searching for an LD. We want the rear bed 30 footer.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:46 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Alpine Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Enjoy! I love jumping in my C and heading out for another adventure.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:52 AM   #5

Congratulations on the Lazy Daze!
I have been talking to Lazy Daze and somewhat considering them in the mix for a new purchase. They are scant on information on their web site in terms of pictures of the features etc. after emailing them requesting more pics they declined only to say the ones on the web site were the only ones available.
Umm, you can't take a camera and go take a few extra pics for a potential customer?
Seems a bit arrogant and sent me the message of don't bother us until your ready to write a check.

I understand they probably have the best quality built class c out there. Much of that is largely due to the lack of features available. No slide outs and no automatic levelers among many other offerings that other manufacturers have available. Sure these are two potential reliability issues but also two of the most sought after features people want.
After having slide outs I think I'd have a hard time getting use to the narrow confines of a unit without them.

Not to mention there is a 18 month wait for a new unit right now! I guess they don't need my business!
Old 10-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #6
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Ya know what? 18 month wait period says I may want to buy one next time. If there is a next time.

That is like bashing my Thor camper because they make so many of them.

I am glad “to each his own” in this market.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRR View Post
Ya know what? 18 month wait period says I may want to buy one next time. If there is a next time.

That is like bashing my Thor camper because they make so many of them.

I am glad “to each his own” in this market.
Not bashing them at all. Just relating my experience with them thus far through email. Which most likely won't go beyond that due to their attitude towards a new potential customer. I acknowledge they make the highest quality class c on the market but there is a huge trade off for that in the lack of features.
If Coachmen, Forest River, Jayco Thor etc. didn't offer slide outs, automatic leveling jacks, pop up tv's, fire places etc. their reliability factor would be near that of a Lazy Daze.

As far as the 18 month wait. That could be indicative of a large customer demand or a small work force. How many people does Lazy Daze employ? If you have 3 guys building motor homes it's going to take some time to crank them out.

I personally have not seen a Lazy Daze in any campground we have been too all summer. I'd love to take a walk through one to see first hand the quality and craftsmanship but they seem to be a rare sighting.

It just comes down to are you willing to go without the advantages and disadvantages of slide outs and auto levelers and the other features offer for a unit without these features and have the satisfaction of knowing nothing will go wrong because you don't have them.
And you will still pay the same amount or perhaps more for less features.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #8

I must disagree with the assessment that the only difference between say a Jayco and an LD is the accessories and slides on the Jayco. Jayco, Forest River and Thor build entry level units that are held together with spit and staples. Very little thought or care goes into the construction. Fit and finish are horrible. Gulfstream is another low level mfr. LD is a small mfr. that builds them with some craftsmanship. I do agree that they could update their units with some basic luxuries. Leveling jacks is one example. As I stated you should consider a used Triple E, Nexus or Bigfoot class C. I also think that the Tioga units are a little better than the Thor, etc. group.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 10-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post

I must disagree with the assessment that the only difference between say a Jayco and an LD is the accessories and slides on the Jayco. Jayco, Forest River and Thor build entry level units that are held together with spit and staples. Very little thought or care goes into the construction. Fit and finish are horrible. Gulfstream is another low level mfr. LD is a small mfr. that builds them with some craftsmanship. I do agree that they could update their units with some basic luxuries. Leveling jacks is one example. As I stated you should consider a used Triple E, Nexus or Bigfoot class C. I also think that the Tioga units are a little better than the Thor, etc. group.
Wow, only 6 hours to crank out a travel trailer and 32 a day! I can imagine there has to be some quality control issues. I wonder what the time is for cranking out a class c or a?

If Lazy Daze offered slide outs I would be much more interested in their product. As I said earlier after having slide outs I would have a hard time getting used to the narrow confines of one without.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #10

I agree that LD is behind the times. One unit that has not had much mention is the Born Free. Very high quality.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 10-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #11

Respectfully, this was my topic and we are mighty happy with our decision. If others don't want to share in our good news about our Lazy Daze, please take your opinion to another topic. Enough said.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxless View Post
Respectfully, this was my topic and we are mighty happy with our decision. If others don't want to share in our good news about our Lazy Daze, please take your opinion to another topic. Enough said.
Relax my friend if you read the post the first thing I did was congratulate you. I have also acknowledged that Lazy Daze most likely manufactures one of the highest quality class c's on the market.
This is a message forum with thousands of people participating and not everyone thinks in exactly the same way.
Respectfully, once you post a message for public viewing on the internet and are soliciting responses which is why you would post a message in the first place it does not belong exclusively to you.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We tried to find a used Lazy Daze that was in good condition and under 26'. We have
experienced that the amount of coach behind the rear wheels affect the handling
of the coach. We went all the way to Arizona to look at a Lazy Daze 26' and a
24' Born Free. The Lazy Daze was not in good enough condition, and we did not
like the overhead bed and how you accessed it in 24' Born Free. We finally purchased
a Winnebago 24vr that has a rear queen bed. We still found that the handling is
terrible, and we are getting ready to add new shocks, steering stablizer, heady duty
sway bars, and a heavy duty trac bar so it will handle better. On a recent trip
to the Outer Banks, the roads were very rough and you could not even hear your
self due to the noise. This is a E450, and I have read that other owners have had
the same problems.
Ladypilot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:22 AM   #14

Yay Lazy Daze. They are definitely a company secure In their own space. I am surprised you get any response by email at all. They do have telephones and love to use them

If you own or spend some time with a Lazy Daze it doesn't take long to realize the quality and all the gimmicks like sliders fade from thought.

Those big panoramic windows are unmatched by anyone else, except maybe an Airstream trailer.

I always think if you want to know about the quality look at a 20 year old one. I've had my 1991 for two years now and it seems more like 4 years old than 24. These puppies are solid and they hold up.

Not everyone gets to have a Lazy Daze. I am a lucky and happy owner.

Congratulations to Traxless.

« Recommendation for RV Subscription | Class C cover »