Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
First Night in Motor Home

Well, thought I would post a picture (if I can do that here) of the new MH and even after the issues we hope all is fixed. There was a heavy rain and no leaks detected and the backup and side cameras all worked fine. The issues at this point appear to be resolved and we are sitting in the MH for our first night of camping in this new rig. We are in a pretty place on Lake Wright Patman - near Texarkana, Texas.

We went from a 4 slide 5er to this 1 slide MH and so have lost some space but the joy of driving around this campground when we arrived and picking out a spot was great - and easy compared to the 5er with truck at 52 feet. This is a 31 foot MH and seems quite good to park, etc.

The dealer said nothing about the air springs and the 200 mile ride home was not near as pleasant as now with air in the air springs! 40 psi seems about right and it really makes a difference.

Thanks everyone and appreciate this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winie.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	59430  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #2

Looks like a really nice rig. Hope that first trip in your new wheels was full of fun! We recently bought a 31 ft motorhome and are still learning how everything works. Last time we owned an RV was over 20 years ago, so we are having to dig up some old, musty brain cells. Hope you really enjoy your new wheels!
Hudgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Very nice

Gary/Karen - Nice Winnie! Really like the color and graphics. I bet it was some adjusting to after not having all that length behind you. Our Adventurer is 33 feet and it really helps at some campsites being that size. Hope you guys have a great summer with your new Winnie.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:14 AM   #4

Congrats on your new RV. I like the colors. DW and I just downsized from a 5th wheel to a class-C also. We're still waiting for our new 25' Navion iQ to be delivered from the factory. I can't wait to see how much easier it will be to drive. Our truck and 5th wheel was 52' long. This should be an entirely new experience.
ajlcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
So far it has been a joy! I pulled into gas stations with ease and last night at this campground (we had never been to this campground) it was easy to drive around and pick a spot! I bet you will enjoy the switch. Hope your new unit arrives soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlcal View Post
Congrats on your new RV. I like the colors. DW and I just downsized from a 5th wheel to a class-C also. We're still waiting for our new 25' Navion iQ to be delivered from the factory. I can't wait to see how much easier it will be to drive. Our truck and 5th wheel was 52' long. This should be an entirely new experience.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
That campground is a jewel.

Having full timed in a 40+ foot fiver pulled by a Freightliner RV hauler MDT, followed by part timing in a 37' class A that I hated, I can agree with you on how nice it is to travel in a small class C.

My C is only 23' bumper to bumper and it has no slides, but it's perfect for the travel we do these days.

We take a lot less stuff with us now.
kelliepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote