Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2018, 06:16 AM   #43

When I'm seated either cab is fine as far as I am concerned. I seldom even try to go back through the cab as I am almost always getting out the side door so I can walk around the unit to check things or go about my business. That is so much of a habit that I am leery of an A because of the lack of a drivers door. The odd times I head for the rear without going out I find it manageable as I just slide my inside foot into the center aisle and stand up enough to get out of the seat. That's for a mid sized overweight fellow with replaced knees and hips.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #44

The J-Ride that's on Jayco's Class C's along with the Entegra Class C's takes care of the suspension add-ons
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1955 View Post
Are there known RV Manufacturers that have addressed the Heat, Noise and Cramped Quarters to at least alleviate some of those issues that the Ford E450 is known for? From all the posts pointing out the POSITIVES of the increased towing and carrying capacity, it seems folks just accept the tradeoff.

Also does the Ford E350 have the same issues, just less muscle for the towing?

I've not purchased yet, still researching, and leaning towards the Chevy Chassis for the improved cabin room, even though there are fewer RV models available with the Chevy.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Thanks! Michael

We have the chevy chassis on the 24RS with great storage out and in and comfortable room in cabin. Chevy engine is great for anything under 27’ but I would suggest the ford engine for anything over that length and I am a chevy guy.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #46

Is it + or - the caster should be set to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvard View Post
E350/E450 Caster should be set in the range of +5 to +6.
I have heard it both ways?
mparus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #47
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I did what Harvard suggested to my last class C on an E350 chassis. He is right. It made a world of difference on the highway.
NRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparus1 View Post
I have heard it both ways?
Caster is always + and only +, camber is + or - of 0.0 degrees
Harvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFL View Post
My wife and I are waiting on delivery of our new class C which has a Ford 450 V10 in it.
I would like to hear the pro and cons from experienced rivers out there.
Thanks, Ben
That's probably an E450 chassis with a 6.8 liter V-10. We had a class C on that chassis for a while and liked it. It drives kind of like a pickup, has a driver and passenger door with roll-down windows, etc.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #50

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
It's been a coupla months since you posted, I know, but I want to tell you that we are on our 3rd Ford chassis. #1 was a '98 30 ft C, Ford "E-Type" a precursor to the Titan, 10cyl. #2 was a '07 31' A on the F53 chassis with a larger Titan V10. #3 is a '18 E450 V10 carrying a 25" C. ALL were/are monster power plants. They have an extra fan for when your demanding more, kinda sounds like an airplane engine when it kicks in, but then it shuts down when it's no longer needed. The 1st was pretty slow going up our Colorado passes, but could not be stopped! the 2nd way more powerful but a lot more coach to haul, but Tow/Haul was then in place (indispensable for down hill!). the 3rd is a smaller coach so more peppy, with more than enough power to keep up speed, except that we have always towed a Wrangler, which weighs 4500 lbs, and yet we make much better time up the same passes we drove the other 2 over for years. (Tow/Haul works uphill, too, it shifts down sooner so helps to keep your speed up).
So, bottom line: I prefer the Ford powerplant. Reliability: NEVER had an engine repair required. Granted, we drive someplace & it sits while we Jeep off and up and down, so not excessive miles. But we just put 4100 miles on #3 since April, and the only problem was my mechanic left the lid on the coolant loose so that splashed out some, and I had to add some. Human error, and the Ford still ran like always, which is that once up to temperature, it never wavers. Up 6% grades, down 8% grades, that needle stays put. Using Tow/haul or not, mountains or flatland, desert or mountains. Just get the oil/lube done on a regular basis that fits your travel schedule. Always before storage, & usually after, at least. (If stored for only 2-3 months, not really necessary after, but if you're looking at 6 months, for sure). When we bought #3 I wouldn't even look at a Chevy, because we'd driven 2 rigs all over the mountain west and desert west with nothing going wrong with the Ford. The motorhome coach? That's another story, they're always spoiled brats that need constant attention. But the Ford? Doesn't care about anything except going and going.
carlsojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:11 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with carlsojr, had multiple v10 fords one with 4r100 trans 2 with 5r110 torque shift with tow haul, awesome been out west and at max gcwr, and in 110 degree heat, never a problem the v10 will get you there no matter what, it's been around for 30 years in super duty,F53 and E350/450's as they say tried and proven for 30 years, its bulletproof both engine,trans and chassis.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:05 PM   #52

For the oil burners ...
https://ford.oemdtc.com/2278/5-4l-2v...-ford-e-series
OFDPOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford