Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Where do I get this product for a 2012 winnabago aspect ford v10. The constant shifting and the 5000 rpm drive me silly, regards, clare
caisert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
We went out west in 2007, 08 and 09. We spent two months all over the mountains pulling a Honda with a 35 ft Pace Arrow. We had no problems, even at ten thousand feet.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Call and ask for Mike. The v-10 is a great motor and capable of pulling as previous posters have mentioned. However, it obvious that they have never ridden in a coach with this tune installed. It is an amazing difference. On hills where I would fade to near 40 MPH I was pulling at 60 with the RPM at 3200. As I wrote in my review of this product, It's worth a lot more.

http://www.5startuning.com/
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #18

I have a 2011 32' class C bunkhouse with 2 slides and pull a V8 Toyota 4 Runner 4 down. I normally have it pretty loaded and the 5 Star made it a beast!! I laugh at any mountain and enjoy the day and the family.
There is a lot of torque hidden in the V10 to be had and 5 Star gets it out.

Enjoy
csdavis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Thanks again for all your input! I feel a little more confident about taking my RV into the mountains. I'm looking into the 5-startune but I have to admit that I'm a bit skeptical.

Is there really that much of a performance increase?

Is it just a software update or am I missing something?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's a software upgrade that not only affects the drive by wire fuel mapping but also the engine timing. Both of these increase horsepower and pedal response. The biggest difference is in the shifting in the transmission. Wait until you hit your first uphill grade while in cruise control

With this addition you can actually use your cruise control where without it, it's pretty much useless. Unless you like the sound of your motor screaming at 4200 RPM while it slowly looses ground speed.

You don't have to listen to what I or what others here that installed it say, do a search on the net as I did. The search turned up so much positive reports on the install that it made the decision easy for me.

But, as I said, the V-10 will still get you there.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by csdavis62
I have a 2011 32' class C bunkhouse with 2 slides and pull a V8 Toyota 4 Runner 4 down. I normally have it pretty loaded and the 5 Star made it a beast!! I laugh at any mountain and enjoy the day and the family.
There is a lot of torque hidden in the V10 to be had and 5 Star gets it out.

Enjoy
It re-maps the ECM for more HP and TQ. It also re-maps the computer to change shifting points on the trans. I ordered mine after a 1500 mi trip to FL last Thurs, got it Sat and drove it 60 miles Monday to a new CG.

The best $400 I've spent on upgrading mine in the year I've been doing it.
jlyon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oops, meant to quote matt, I guess I fat fingered something
jlyon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Matt...I'm a very satisfied 5 Star customer. The biggest value to me is the shift points. By not going in and out of gears not only is hill climbing easier it makes daily driving less tiring. I probably have over 8,000 miles since I installed and like others it is without a doubt the best $/value I've made.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman View Post
Matt...I'm a very satisfied 5 Star customer. The biggest value to me is the shift points. By not going in and out of gears not only is hill climbing easier it makes daily driving less tiring. I probably have over 8,000 miles since I installed and like others it is without a doubt the best $/value I've made.
I agree also.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, v10