Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #1

Question Four Winds 33SW Super C

We traded our Class A 35' Winnebago Adventurer for a 2014 Thor Four Winds 33SW Super C and we believe we made the biggest mistake in our 43 years of marriage. Among many issues that are being worked on as I write this (I hope), the main one is the inability to fill the fuel tanks. On our trip back home from Florida, it took an hour to fill the rear tank and forget about the front tank. I couldn't put any fuel in, as it would spit it out no matter how slow I dispensed the fuel. Has anyone else with a Four Winds 33SW have had this problem before, and how was it resolved.
RetLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have the sister coach 2014 Chateau 35sk F550. I had the same problem with my 2 tank fillers.

Contact Greg Flint with Thor and he can set you up with the solution.

The solution is the fillers are turned the wrong way and the tubes are turned wrong.

They need to be on the top of entry to have the proper venting

Billy Cox
2014 Chateau Sk F550
Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #3

I've read a lot on the filling issues on different 2014 Thor 33 and 35 models. Of course I read about them after I closed the deal on my Four Winds 35SK this January. It was suggested by another forum member to get under the MH and look for kinked filler hoses on both tanks. I did and all looked OK. Really didn't know for sure until my first fuel stop. I was extremely happy to fill up with no problems. I hope Thor gets it right for you guy's Good luck
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #4

We have a 33sw, no fueling issue unless we try to fuel at a semi truck pump. If we fuel at a rv pump like at Flying J it fills up fine. The semi pumps are a high flow and the small fuel neck cant handle it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #5

33SW Fuel Fix

Thank you to all who helped me find the solution. The fix was easy after I passed on the info from Mr. Billy Cox to Camping World. Earlier, I had received a call from CW telling me they were in contact with Thor and were told there was nothing they could do as it was the design of the system. After I expressed my displeasure and my unwillingness to accept that answer I posted this thread and Billy Cox quickly answered with the solution, which, by the way fixed the problem. Both filler necks and accompanying hardware were installed wrong putting the vent at the bottom, therefore, not letting the air escape as you fill.
I have not tried it yet as it is STILL at CW, but I was told by CW it worked perfectly. We'll see???
Thanks again to all.
RetLaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
four winds