Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Front Windshield Cover

What do you guy use? Since the RV is new to us, we are currently using the manufactures curtain that was provided. This curtain drops down from the overhead bunk.

Does anyone use a screen or sun blocker? Does is go on the inside or outside of the RV.

Suggestions & Info welcome.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
For several years we ignored the flimsy very white curtain and used 2 pair of "super jumbo" pop-out sun shades for cars ...the kind that fold into themselves to make a smaller circle when stowed ...on the inside. (they are stored behind the couch now...) Then we threw the white curtain out and installed MCD "duo" shades in the cockpit.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Inside Sun Shade

We use an inside sun shade. We feel that it works as well as an outside shade AND it stays clean. Goes on the windshield with suction cups. Easy on and easy off. No need to wet the suction cups. Shade folds up and when open it does not retain fold creases. We bought the bag for it and it is a convenient way to store it and worth the money. Fair price and quality product. Depending on window size $64.00 or less. Here is the link:
www.­sunandcomfort.­com/­p1.­html
Old 01-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
check Magneshade.com

No holes to drill, Just uses magnets.

We love ours, and get alot of people asking where to get them

Happy hunting Trouble
Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
When we had a class C we used one of the vinyl covers that went under the wipers, Velcro around the mirror arms, hooked over the top of the cab doors and magnets on the door under the door windows. Like these ADCO Snooze Bonnets - Product - Camping World

Still used the curtain behind the seats when parked for long periods. Made a great place to hide stuff not in use. The "bonnet" helped greatly to keep heat out from the cab area.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #6

I too use the snooze bonnet on a classC. Takes about 2 min to install. 1 if you can get wife to help. Really seems to block sun during day and keeping coach cooler.
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Earl! We had the Class C for 5 years, and used the curtain, along with a regular blanket tucked into the edge at the end of the bunk for full privacy. We also used a childs bedguard up above to ensure the little ones didn't fall out. They climbed up the side and through, (not using the ladder), and the bedguard worked perfectly to protect them.!
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #8

Hi Earl,

We purchased an easy curtain (Easy Living Industries) which attaches to the sun visors and side windows inside the cab. We also have a 2011 Coachmen C. It's a little more expensive than the other covers mentioned but it provides total privacy and it's well made. The best thing is you don't have to go outside to put it on and you don't have to deal with a wet, bulky cover if the weather's bad. It's also supposed to insulate the MH from the hot or cold.

P.S. I enjoyed your blog...cute kids!
ed n kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a Class A with the curtain that slides to provide privacy. During the day we use the Quick Shades to let the sun in also provide some privacy
http://www.rvquickshades.com/home.html
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #10

Inside vs outside cover choice sometimes gets down to how tall/flexible you are. I am 6' tall and use an outside cover which I can put on in less than a minute - it's an old fashion Adco vinyl cover which provides total privacy and stops the heat before it gets into the rig - downside is that you can't see through the front window but that's something I don't place much value on.

When the weather is lousy or if I am simply stopping for the night to sleep I will use an inside cover only. In my case that's a curtain type cover which hooks onto snaps around the front windshield.
ksg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I have had the Easy Curtain for probably 10 years and I still love it! I also had them cut blackout curtains for my bedroom and they really keep out the light. I can park right under a pole light and never know it is there.
I still have my Adco cover but haven't used it since probably 2005. It is in my garage now. The Easy Curtain is so much easier to use and takes a lot less room to store it.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Finding the sun too much for the pleated draw curtain we made these. Not perfect but they help. We bought a 6'X20" roll of "solar" screen from Home Depot for $30. Measured up the windows, cut them and stuck them up with Velcro fasteners on the black boarder of the inside of the windshield. Had to add a couple of the Velcro "coins" and put some small rectangles at the bottom to keep them in place. Not chancing taking them down until we move but you can easily see outside through them. There is enough left to make a new one so we might try making a fancier set up when we return home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2050185.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	482.8 KB
ID:	8137  
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote