Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #15

Good news!

I suspect whatever was causing the obstruction was partially dislodged by the blast of air you gave it, subsequent driving then jostled it loose.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmkvb View Post
Crazy, I took the MH to fill up with gas, pumped perfectly as though nothing ever had a problem. I'm hoping that it's not an intermittent problem as this creates a bad situation on the road, thanks to all of the replies and help!!
I would suggest you blow air into the vent line again. If it does not blow back, this confirms what has changed to make it fuel properly. Now you will know what the likely cause is when it happens again.
OR....inspect the entire vent line to see any likely problem areas.

Maybe you fixed it completely????

Dan

Old 01-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #17

I find this problem in 20% of the gas stations I fill up at. If I'm in a urbanish area I just go to another station. No matter how many times I try I can't get gas to flow in certain stations.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
...was scanning across the comments on the fueling problem and I am convinced it is clearly a vent tube situation during a fill-up fueling. Vent tube is either sagging with fuel in it or it has floating object(s) in the fuel lodged in it, or upside-down filler assembly. However, I noticed my Ford E450 55 gas gal tank fill-up fueling problem occurs when the climate is cold and there is no residual heat under the chassis, usually my first fueling event of the morning. However, last summer while traveling cross-county for days, I had no problem at any fill-up fueling event. It appears that fuel in the almost-sagging vent line is dissipating when it is hot underneath my chassis. I also would guess that the sloshing of fuel would eventually lodge in the sagging vent tube and on cold days fuel not likely dissipate out of the vent tube for fill-up fueling. Next project is now to remove the sag and / or relocate / realign the filler tube and vent assembly! What do you think?
Old 01-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #19

It's highly unlikely to be fuel laying in the vent tube. With the volume and speed of fuel being pumped into the tank the airflow up the vent tube would very quickly blow any fuel in it up into the filler neck and back to the tank.

In the OP's case he said he put a pretty solid blast of compressed air into vent line and it not only didn't go anywhere, but it blew back at him when he released the air. It would take a pretty substantial blockage to hold that kind of air pressure.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
It's highly unlikely to be fuel laying in the vent tube. With the volume and speed of fuel being pumped into the tank the airflow up the vent tube would very quickly blow any fuel in it up into the filler neck and back to the tank.
Murf2u
On my coach, (before I eliminated the sag in my vent hose), when the fuel in the low spot of my vent hose was forced up the vent hose into the filler neck it would cause the pump nozzle to shut OFF repeatedly... (as many as 10-15 times during every fuel fill), unless I trickled the last 45-50 gallons of diesel in.
Since eliminating the sag in my vent hose the pump nozzles don't shut OFF until my tank is full.

BTW, I'm not saying that the OPs problem is a sag in his vent line...only that that was my problem, (and how I fixed it).

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 02-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #21

It's a Thor.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwin View Post
It's a Thor.

And that's a Thor spot with you?

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;-)

Tags
fuel