Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #1

So we are at Disney Fort Wilderness right now. Maybe it's just because I'm comfortable this way but I am using the full hookup to just fill the fresh tank (and also dump the gray tank) as needed. I left the sewer hose attached to our camper and open our gray valve and the campsite dump valve as needed. But I pull the white hose out of a storage bin and fill the fresh tank too when it needs it. We have pretty large tanks for a C so can easily go 2 - 3 days in between. Am I the only one who does this? Just curious. I look at the other campers and it seems like they all have the water and sewer hoses attached. The thought of leaving a hose on and open attached to my camper makes me nervous.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Seems like you're going to a lot of trouble...if you're worried about water pressure's effect on your plumbing, a simple pressure fitting at the hosebib will take care of that.

And why use your onboard water pump if the park pressure will do the delivery job for you?

Keeping the greywater closed until you need to drain is fine, and just about everyone lets the black fill up a ways before they empty it (best way to avoid "tp pyramid").
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Whatever makes you comfortable is just fine. We usually fill and use the water pump too. a) the shower is always the same b) when I hit the switch on the way out the water is really off c) when someone knocks off a water connection and it takes XX hours to fix we still have water d ) THE BIGGIE...when a line leaks and you are gone you won't find the rig flooded when you return home.

On the road enough to have seen all these happen more than once. Using the water pump mostly all the time it still lasts five years (Aquatec).

PS... still usually leave the hoses connected though.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Interesting ..... I didn't think to try that. I have been to several parks that have lost water pressure and we didn't have much water on board. Are there any issues with issuing the pump all the time (extra wear)?
RVBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBulldog View Post
Interesting ..... I didn't think to try that. I have been to several parks that have lost water pressure and we didn't have much water on board. Are there any issues with issuing the pump all the time (extra wear)?
No reason to pump the water yourself. And when you leave your rig you can just shut off the facet and that way no floods when you return. And just fill the fresh water tank in case you lose park water. And you can just dump it on the ground if you don't want to travel with it. Personally I never go anywhere without a full tank of fresh and empty black and gray. As we dry camp
a lot and good water is the hardest thing to come by. You can buy fuel about anywhere, you can dump about anywhere if you have to, but good clean drinking water can be somewhat scarce. Our rig is 9 months old and the only water that has ever been in it is soft water from home. I have never hooked up to any campground just for this reason. We can last about 5 or 6 days.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #6

I turn off the shore water when we leave camp. No floods.

I cannot see using on-board water for drinking that has been warming in the tank for several days. Bottled water from the fridge works for me.

Just sayin....
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
I turn off the shore water when we leave camp. No floods.

I cannot see using on-board water for drinking that has been warming in the tank for several days. Bottled water from the fridge works for me.

Just sayin....
X2 on the bottled water and shutoff when away from the coach. Never cared for mutant water or ice cubes.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #8

I agree, it sure seems like allot of trouble. Turn the bib off when not there, likewise with the pump. I sure wouldn't go to the trouble of stowing the hose every time.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote