Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2019, 06:37 PM   #1

Full length slide leveling issues

2020 Thor Freedom Elite 24FE. It has a full slide out on drivers side and I can never keep it level once the slide is full out. My local RV buds suggest a slide jack, frame jacks and even putting a jack under the driver rear bumper. It has electric stabilizers but it maxes out before level so heads are below feet unless I park it way up hill or on a few leveling bricks. This can’t be good for the rear suspension too. Wondering what sort of suggestions the team here might have? I’m afraid to Jack the bump out in any way. This is a sprinter based class C 25’ cutaway so MB didn’t leave me much to work with.
Jorgesalazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #2

We have the 24F on an E450 chassis. We have learned to "level" the chassis about half a bubble off (driver side high). Then extend your slide, followed by the stabilizers. We did trial and error for a period. Now we have the Levelmate Pro which tells us how to "level" the chassis and once slide is extended the true level is right on.
DbleDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:51 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What Dutch said we do the samd
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #4

Thanks gents! I have compensated in a similar manner with some success. I do have the level pro gadget mounted but not fully operational yet. I was hoping to get something electronic that I could mount. Keep it simple I suspect is the best move.
Jorgesalazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgesalazar View Post
2020 Thor Freedom Elite 24FE. It has a full slide out on drivers side and I can never keep it level once the slide is full out. My local RV buds suggest a slide jack, frame jacks and even putting a jack under the driver rear bumper. It has electric stabilizers but it maxes out before level so heads are below feet unless I park it way up hill or on a few leveling bricks. This can’t be good for the rear suspension too. Wondering what sort of suggestions the team here might have? I’m afraid to Jack the bump out in any way. This is a sprinter based class C 25’ cutaway so MB didn’t leave me much to work with.
If you have Equalizer System stabilizers there is a control module you can adjust each side differently. I searched for two days to find mine under the false floor below the sink area. Have mind adjusted at 9 on drivers side and 4 on passengers side. You can find instructions on their website. I deploy the stabilizers before extending the slide. Wish I had hydraulic jacks like our 38' DP had , but you deal with what you have.
Another thing that seemed to help some is installing Sumo Springs at all four corners. Stopped most of the rocking when parked.
Hope this helps some.
Crabb E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, slide