Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #15
We looked at the View/Navion before we bought our signature RV, but just couldn't live with the lack of floor space or the skinny storage provisions. We're not sure we coud full time in our 32-footer, but it might be feasible. It's not in our current plans.

If you could tow a 15' utility box trailer behind a View, full-timing might be OK for a single person!

Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #16
Tiffin Owners Club
I'll start with the caveat that I have not gone fulltime...yet. But my folks did for about fifteen years and then "most timed" for several more. They had everything at one time or another. TT, 5'er, Class C, Class A, and finally a Class B. When they went to the B it was not as full time but they would still stay out for many months at a time. I think it's a matter of what you need to have with you vs. what you want.

That being said, we are going to set out in a month on our first experiment at an extended trip. From WA hoping to be in FL by mid December. We decided on our 31 ft Allegro because it seemed to be a good size for us. We were originally looking at the View. I really liked it and think we could have been OK but the DW wanted a bit more room. The older I get the more I want small, simple, uncluttered, and uncomplicated....but that's just me.

Ethan and Lisa
2005 Allegro Bus 38DP
2012 Honda CRV
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #17
DW a border collie and I lived 2 to 3 weekes at a time in a truck with an 8 foot sleeper and thought we were in heaven with all that room. Considering what we had in the past. The amount of room needed is more a state of mind than the actual reality of what is really needed, but more is better.
phrrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #18
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Not full timer but have a B+ (Jayco Melbourne 29D with three slides). Resently did a three week trip. Just the wife and I. Had a ball. Lots of living space and storage to spare.
I would check into a B+. (Concord, Forest River, Jayco) All are about the same in design.

2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote