Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #1

Gd. Sunday mornin, 2 u

Hello I have a campground question, any feedback appreciated, l called Ortega Oaks in So. Ca. 4 a site 4 a weeks stay, and was told my 92 Dolphin was 2 old It needed 2 b a 2000 or newer is this common practice thanks Pallo
Pallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
We've never been asked, but in some threads I've seen the same question regarding CG requesting info about your rigs age. Some think it unfair other think that its ok. I guess when you own the CG you can make any conditions you want. Sort of like the Class A only RV resorts.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #3

Good morning Pallo, and yes, some campgrounds do have age restrictions. Most that do are very nice parks and probably more then I want to spend for a weeks stay. I don't know the area your in but I'd look around for a more accommodating CG. Good luck and enjoy your weekend
Both US Army Retired - Fort Lewis, WA
Cilrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #4

Being fairly new to rv'ing I haven't been to too many campgrounds to know if it's a common practice or not.I haven't run into this problem as of yet.The only reason I can think of is if it looks like a broken down piece of junk that looks like it should be in junkyard they wouldn't want "trailer trash" in their nice campground,but if it looks like new then whats the difference of the age. Did you ask them why?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #5

WOW.... Have never heard that one. But my HOA demanded I not park my 1949 Chev in front of my house as it was "non-working, dilapidated, rusting and aesthetically not in keeping with the surroundings". I bought the car on a Friday, drove it home, parked it in my driveway next to my BMW. On Tuesday I received this letter. I was beside myself. Make a long story short I parked my car infront of the idiot board members houses every time I came home from work and walked home. During the following years I restored the car slowly and 6 years later it is a four time show winner.

Owners of campgrounds like this should be boycotted. A restored 1956 Airstream, 1975 Blue Bird or well maintained clean 1984 Winnebago Chieftan being refused a site because it's too old? What's next? How old is the driver? Oops, you are 75? Sorry you are too old to drive your 2012 42 foot $500,000 motor home in our park.
Sparky1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I personally would never patronize an RV park with this sort of policy. All of our rigs will be "over 10 years old" at some point. Seems like a place for snotty stuckups. Not my favorite type of people.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallo View Post
Hello I have a campground question, any feedback appreciated, l called Ortega Oaks in So. Ca. 4 a site 4 a weeks stay, and was told my 92 Dolphin was 2 old It needed 2 b a 2000 or newer is this common practice thanks Pallo
I have never actually seen it but have heard of it. I think the way to get around the rule is to send them a picture of you RV. If it looks good they may let you in. I think they do it to keep out the older not well taken care of RV's. It is sad but the people who own the parks do get to make the rules.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah but a '74 Winnie with faded paint does not mean the owner is some sort of hillbilly lowlife trailer trash. It means it's a '74 Winnie with faded paint.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #9

Baraff it's a 1984 and I us this as an example because my father in law is the owner. He purchased it new from the factory and has stored it in a garage/barn when not on the road. The unit has 163,000 miles on it and looks better than many 1/5 it's age. It gets waxed every year and it has been maintained better than most.

The fact there are parks that have rules like this is a joke. If a rig has obvious safety or health concerns it's understandable a park may not allow entry. To ask the year of the rig then decline to allow that rig in because it's older than circa 2000 is pathetic.

Clearly another attempt at separating the "classes". Bring back the Beverly Hillbillies.
Sparky1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
I have been told my 1999 Tradewinds is too old on a few occasions. I ask to send a picture to get forgiven if I really need to stay there because of a rally or meeting. So far I have always gotten in, but if they refuse it's OK with me, I'll just go down the street and give the business to someone else.

Dick