Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #1

Getting my HWH Levelers installed this week

Finally getting my HWH Levelers installed this week. Been wanting these really bad. I guess I am getting lazy. Our trips to the state park nearby has been a royal pain - not a level sight there. Its not just adjusting the front/back but left/right too.

Any ways - I alway said that would be an after purchase purchase.

Any lessons learned you guys want to share?
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #2

I still use a 2' carpentors level.
Don't over extend or raise the wheels off the ground.
I have 2x12's about 18" long, laminated with 3/8-1/2" plywood.
For either the wheels or jacks. It is a learning curve enjoy!
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
I still use a 2' carpentors level.
Don't over extend or raise the wheels off the ground.
I have 2x12's about 18" long, laminated with 3/8-1/2" plywood.
For either the wheels or jacks. It is a learning curve enjoy!
Thanks for the re-assurance of keeping my sectional levelers that I use today. Thinking I may still need them in extreme cases.

I heard not to take the wheels off the ground as you can damage/bend the jacks. I have some rigs that still.

So what do you do if you get in that situation where it wants to level that way? Can you lift enough to put levelers under tires or should you just drive up on them and be done with it?

Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #4

have HWH on mine and still drive up on blocks if necessary - i dont lift tires off the ground. Have had HWH for three years no issues (now i have jinxed myself). Using a 2' level may give you more confidence than the auto results.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had HWH kick up levelers installed in our new 2012 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger. One of the best things we ever did to it. They were great!
We had the front wheels off the ground many times at strange campgrounds in Alaska. Never a problem. We did find that the levelers did not have hardly any clearance under them as they just fit. Once in awhile we had to get under it and did a depression out to get them to have room to swivel down.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #6

Just a caution on the wheels off the ground thing. Be very careful to never raise the rear wheels off the ground. The rear wheels are where the brake is applied when the transmission is in park. In other words, the coach could move if the rear wheels are off the ground.

By the way, I have the Quadra Bigfoot fully auto system on my unit and LOVE it!
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
I have the Quadra Bigfoot fully auto system on my unit and LOVE it!
Driving to White Pigeon, Mich., next week to have my Bogfoot system installed by Quadra. Looking forward to the drive, and to the new convenient way to set up the MH.

By the way, these Camco Tri-Levelers may come in handy if you find your back wheels off the ground. Just slide them under and you should still be "grounded." [Suggested by Jason & Nikki Wynn of gonewiththewynns.com].
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I also carry a 2 ft. level and always use jack pads. We have the bright orange plastic ones. You can use your awning rod to pull the pads from under the MH. Saves the knee's.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great choice on the HWH's! Had them on two rigs. A "C" and a "DP." Never any issues or even having to add fluid. New rig has Lippert. Failed on first trip out (500 miles). I had gotten rid of all my "Lego" levelers after 10 years of not needing them. Had to buy new ones at Walmart and still couldn't get level in niece's back 5. Had to divert to RV park at considerable expense. Still had a nice time. Meant to spend a week closer to home but trip was urgent in nature. Sorely wishing Winnebago had installed HWH.
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #10

Just a quick update. Rig not ready yet - Monday/Tuesday it shall be. They are running a little behind. Trip scheduled for next Thursday.

Thanks for all the replies. Yeap - may have to get me something to pull the pads from underneath - the down side to having an electric Awning...It is convenient I suppose until they don't work.

Thanks again.

Tags
hwh, install, levelers