Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #29

Mine works great with my 32' gulfstream
ddown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Cool GPS

the gps from your car will work using bean bag. only problem we had was in ND car gps does not route you around tunnels that are to low for rv height or bridges with weight limits. best to ck Campers World for truck gps. GOOD LUCK ALL ABOUT HAVING FUNN
cary james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have to update this with info from my newer A Class unit. The Magellan windshield units we own now pick up signals all through the deep mountain valleys we normally traverse. There is no where near as much metal overhead so the signals do not get absorbed by the RV. I will still use the magnet mount in the C Class when we use it.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #32

Nor'easters Club
GPS

My wife and I have an old Tom Tom and havent tried it in the RV yet. Next year when we put the Rv on the road were going to invest in one of them from Rand Mcnally. If theres anyone in the country that knows all the highways and byways from east to west coat and everything in between its them. Also alot of the units are not set up to put in specific data about the Rv your in such as height, weight, length. Its to bad Onstar doesnt make a unit for Rvers.
CNYRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Only problem with car GPS it does not route you around weight limit bridges or low tunnels. We our car GPS and had problems in ND. Campers world has several that work.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #34

gps class c

Yes they do I use a garmine that hass both auto and truck settings. Set it up as a truck, for weight, highth, width. works really well
john51sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #35

iRV2 No Limits Club
I used some Velcro on the back of my TomTom GPS and
mounted it below the center dash vent on my E450 based Maverick.

Just made a trip from Ga. to La. without loosing the signal even in the rain.
Oldme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
If your GPS will change from auto to truck it should work with bean bag . We had one that did not change got in trouble with bridges and tunnels. Have fun not problems, jim
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #37

Any rv that you have should use a gps with truck specs. You can very well be over weight on some roads , and also too high. Also you can set it to go with hazmat, since you have propane. I think mine is a Garmine 465 or something like that. Have mine set up for 15000 lbs, and 12ft. 6" high and hazmat. works great
Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #38

iRV2 No Limits Club
Another thought, make sure you keep the maps and operating system updated.
The TomTom I have is not fancy. They did an update to all their line to improve signal retention. Now I have not lost it in any rain or in the underpasses around Atlanta.

I like to plug it into my my computer and the home program checks for updates and I let the down load before I use it anywhere. Works fine.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #39

My Garmin even works laying on the console.
beachcomber_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #40

I was reading about the EZ pass situation, And yes I guess there would be a problem with the hang over with a Class C. So then why not mount the EZ pass up in the bunk window area wouldnt that work?
pro_coupe 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #41

yes it would work fine
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #42

iRV2 No Limits Club
Pro Couple 34

In reference to what I wrote above.

That is a Class C.
The overhang does not interfere with my signal at all.
I do not known about the EZ pass system or why it would interfere.
My thinking was EZ passs was for commercial vehicles of course you do have a EZ pass for toll roads in some areas I guess.