Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #43

Now what happened to me, a few months ago with the old hot rod, I had the gps and the EZ pass on my 8 inch tall front window and the signal seemed it was stop by the GPS unit my EZ pass didnt work. But when I disconnect the GPS the EZ pass worked. That is what had me wondering about the overhang on my class C. would my EZ pass work on my cab front winshield. 2010 I had my 68 vette rearended on 42 north bound comming home from NJ. And my tow driver didnt realize I had the EZ pass in the car that was on his rollback and when he went to get a Ticket it would not send him one needless to say he had traffic back-up and people cussing.
pro_coupe 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #44

so you are the guy that caused that jam up lol.. EZ pass might not work with the over hang, so mounting the ez pass in the bunk window would work fine, your gps should work on the dash with no problem, mine does. but if your ez pass was for your vette, then you should update easy pass for your motorhome. some tolls are different. And tolls roads will send some wild ticket prices for that. I know one guy who got some big fines, untill he finally figured out that his car ez pass was not for camper use
john51sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #45

Yes John we usually call EZ pass and tell them to add another vehicle. But I know sometimes the EZ pass would not work in the 34 ply coupe. Happy new years everyone
pro_coupe 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have used our Garmin for over 6 years and now have a Rand McNally 7720 and have not had any problems. I used the windshield just under the rear view mirror for the Garmin and a beanbag on the dash under the mirror for the Garmin. I hope this helps.
Locksmith
Locksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmith View Post
I have used our Garmin for over 6 years and now have a Rand McNally 7720 and have not had any problems. I used the windshield just under the rear view mirror for the Garmin and a beanbag on the dash under the mirror for the Garmin. I hope this helps.
Locksmith
I have Also a Rand McNally used in dyna quest
320 mount on a beanbag on floor under dash between pilot and co pilot seat
Hard to see when driving don't like to take my eyes off the road.

Might consider Velcro
On windshield

Ur thoughts.
Mdk152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #48

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm sorry, I made a mistake and said that I use a bean bag under the mirror for the Garmin. I should have said I use this method for the 7" Rand McNally.
Locksmith
Locksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a Tom Tom mounted on the dash and have never had any problems.
lukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #50

I have a Garmin and it works on mine. I have also used my I-Phone mounted on my windshield and it too works.
Dr. Den is offline   Reply With Quote