Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Gulf stream supernova

My wife and I are looking to buy a 40FT super nova. I have read that the cab is very noisy and that it is under powered. We are looking for some good advise.

papa49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
I am not sure what kind of price tag a super nova has or what your budget may be but for some thing more heavy duty you may want to look at a truck conversion like a Renegade. Yes that is what I have and love it. Would be happy to answer any questions you may have if need be.

Renegade Garage Unit
Ed S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Having owned a Gulfstream, my advice is to stay away from anything GS makes.

RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will 2nd that...had a super c for 5 months and that was 5 months too long...good GM diesel and Allison tranny but coach was junk...
Newmar Kountry Star 2005 37'

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:22 AM   #5
I loved the floorplan of a couple of Supernovas, but was steered away from them due to quality of the coach itself. I do NOT have firsthand experience with them, so take this with a grain of salt.
09 Newmar Ventana 3942 (bunkbeds for the munchkins)
08 Ford Taurus X AWD Toad
69 Road Runner Convertible 528 Hemi 4 Speed
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Underpowered?? We have one (2008, model 6400) and we tow a '03 Suburban behind it and never know it is back there. We could still pass anybody we wanted too. Maybe you are thinking of a gas model ? Ours has the International Diesel engine. Truckers always stop to admire it when we are at truck stops. We have found the quality to be fine to. No problem except loosing a slide awning due to high wind in the desert. The cab is not too noisy, it is just a typical diesel sound, if you are not used to them, they are all louder than gas. We sit up their and chat away, but is is harder to talk to those behind you in the body. Sadly we are selling ours now due to new job and house. You can PM me if you want any more Supernova info. We hauled 8 people, band equipment, full time clothes, household itemes and stage outfits around for 8 months and it had plenty of power and room.

Desertmom is offline   Reply With Quote