RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #29

Has anyone added a leveling system to an older Class C?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelag View Post
so I just watched a u-tube on rvtravel.com of a guy who spent a pile of money having one installed on his 5er at a Camping World... they cut the structural panel behind the propane tanks to get to the drivers side front, never re-installed the metal panel... crazy cuts with a plasma torch... very poor welds, crooked, leaks and in my opinion ruined the unit... each corner had problems... paint cooked off with heat from the welder, and the plasma torch... nothing done to touch up the paint and its going to rust... it was a real hash job and he refused the work.... but he took videos for all of us to see... HIS STORY is that CW is not going to fix it and wants their money... of course its ruined his winter and he's now had to get a lawyer to fight this....

They could have, with more time, pulled the gen set and a heat shield with out the sacrifice of the metal steel panel behind the tanks...

Sweetbriar's work looks excellent to me...
As always the lesson here is stay away from Camping World.......now let the CW supporters jump in .....

Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2018, 09:20 AM   #30

Has anyone added a leveling system to an older Class C?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
Have 4 scissor Jack's (manual) on a 07 Fleetwood tioga as long as the site is fairly level, no bounce, can compensate for 11/2 on either side
AVFORDGUY,

I am new to MH and so far have not had an issue with level and so wonder about the cost-benefit of levelers.Yours
sounds like an elegant solution to me....I assume the concept is similar to the scissors on the 4 corners of a TT......do you have them permanently attached or carry them in a storage compartment.

Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #31

You don't want to mount them all the time because you would drag them off. You could use the save a Jack piece and s life them on as needed. I like the auto levelers because, 1 easy to level and 2 because it stops a lot,of movement and 3 I don't have to get,on my knees to place the scissor Jack's under the frame.
A32Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:04 AM   #32

I had scissor jacks on my 1st Rv, a 30 ft Class C. I used a drill to zip them down and up. They were permanently mounted and tucked pretty well when traveling.These jacks worked best to stabilize the motion from the wind or walking. That said, they donít have alarms to tell you they are down so accidents can happen, ask me how I know.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:20 AM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
So OP did you install levelers?
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
AVFORDGUY,

I am new to MH and so far have not had an issue with level and so wonder about the cost-benefit of levelers.Yours
sounds like an elegant solution to me....I assume the concept is similar to the scissors on the 4 corners of a TT......do you have them permanently attached or carry them in a storage compartment.
Permanently attached, rear is 12 inches behind the dials and front is before the front tire, easy mounting 2 bolts, KISS !! I use a cheap black and decker drill to raise and lower. 3/8 reatcket if I need more power to level, harbour freight jacks.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
So OP did you install levelers?
I have not yet, but am planning to go with the Bigfoot system.

baraff is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, leveling