Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #1

Have questions about Born Free

We are interested in Class C's such as Born Free, Lazy Daze, Phoenix Cruiser, etc. I have some questions for Born Free owners and wondered if they have a forum dedicated to this brand. If so, can anyone tell me how to find it? I looked on the Born Free ad site and found no information on a forum.

Thanks,
Beverly
Buddy and Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #2

I have noticed there are some Born Free owners on this site. Do you tow? Seems like most Lazy Dazes I see have tow vehicles and most Born Free's that I see do not. This may not been accurate. I wondered if you Born Free owners think this coach handles a lot better than a Lazy Daze. We don't think we want to tow, as we've done that for years. My husband just feels he doesn't want to tow now.

Beverly
Old 06-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #3

I would think the primary reason is the the Born Free is generally a smaller unit, therefore it can be used as a "car" at the destination rather than towing another vehicle. One other factor might be that many Born Free's are built on an E350 rather than an E450 chassis. They may be maxed out in weight.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply. I did find the Born Free forum site and am reading up on them.

Beverly
Old 06-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've found these units interesting also. They look like they are fiberglass formed, not bonded with seams.. IE - a much lower chance of leaking (similar to the Sundowner Toyotas).

I also see they offered the 7.3L diesel Ford, which is an amazing motor...
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearaboo View Post
I would think the primary reason is the the Born Free is generally a smaller unit, therefore it can be used as a "car" at the destination rather than towing another vehicle. One other factor might be that many Born Free's are built on an E350 rather than an E450 chassis. They may be maxed out in weight.
If you are looking at new Born Free this would be mostly incorrect as they are built up to around 30' if I remember right but we were only looking at the 24' ones. DW and I made a factory visit a few weeks ago and most all Born Free's we saw are on E450 chassis. Only the very smallest new ones were on a 350 chassis. I believe the older ones were on E350 also but, as the above poster notes, I believe the CCC and also ride were sacrificed because of that lighter chassis. We have a Phoenix Cruiser 2400 on an E350 chassis that I think would have been better served on a larger chassis for the same reasons but we really like it anyway and it is great to travel in. The PC factory has been very good to respond to questions and issues we have had in the past much like Born Free is as I understand from other owners. I know an opinion was not asked but I will give it anyway. If I had a do over I would probably get a Born Free as I think the sleeping arrangements are better and that would be the only deciding factor. Other than that they are both very well made MH. I am one of these people that I have to go look at what is out there once in a while to be sure I am still happy with what I have and happy I am! Well, happy enough not to spend $50k for a better bed LOL!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #7

I've owned 3 Born Free units and a Diesel Pusher. If you want a unit with minimal rattles/squeaks and no leaks buy a BF. PM me if you need more info.
richf is offline   Reply With Quote