Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-26-2015, 07:41 AM   #15
Happy Turkey Day to all

Thank You for your message about service. Funny part about it was I called 3 Chevrolet Dealerships in Myrtle Beach that worked on medium to heavy duty trucks and all three said "Sorry, we do NOT work on RV's". This RV is just a 1999 Chevy Express 3500 cut-away van with a box on it. The chassis isn't anything different than a van. I talked with all three dealers and all of them said if it wasn't a RV they would be happy to work on it. So that kind of throws me, as I said earlier in posting I was a certified mechanic many years ago and still like to work on my own stuff; just not on the side of the road anymore.
Probably tomorrow I am going to put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and see if I can see anything. I did pull the engine cover and the engine is like new in looks with no leaks or anything else. The cover was a pain because you have to remove at least on front seat to have room to remove it. Anyway, this truck now has only 6000 miles - hate to get rid of it, but who knows.

BuddC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #16
Make sure that your tank is vented and not pulling a vacuum.

Oldman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #17
I think it's fixed!

Well, I found out that GM replaced a lot of fuel pumps in the 2000 time frame. It turns out the fuel pumps had a small square connector that would heat up and break connection causing no fuel pump. Then if you cut it off and let it cool even for a few minutes the pump would work until it heated again. I ordered a new fuel pump and it comes with a new style flat connector to correct the problem. A friend of mind who worked on GM products for many years he is the one that told me about it. He said, I would replace a pump and in a day or so it would be towed back in for a fuel pump. Then GM finally found the problem and corrected it with both a new pump and new connector. The new connector is FLAT 4 pin. Thanks, Budd
BuddC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:48 AM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
I had similar problems years ago.... intermittent rough running, loss of power, and engine all but stopping, etc. I put it in several shops for extended periods of time with them driving it daily.
Finally changed out the O2 sensors and the problem went away. I'm not sure if your coach has O2 sensors on the exhaust but that's another almost cheap part to replace.

Enjoy Life! It's later than you think. Life changes in a second. There isn't enough time for cheap booze and cheap cigars.
NYBobbo is offline   Reply With Quote