Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2016, 11:57 PM   #15
ARC

Five things you'll be thankful for: a slide really makes the place livable, a rear view camera is a must, an inverter gives you 120 AC without the genny, basement storage rather than pockets, and a spare tire and equipment to change a flat (10-20 ton hydraulic jack + 150 ft-lb torque wrench + 1/2 inch socket set), so you're not at the mercy of strangers (hired by roadside assistance insurance who in my experience have been consistent disappointments).

We also have never had an issue accessing any place in our 31 footer, including San Francisco and DC, or state/county/federal parks.

ARC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2016, 07:16 AM   #16

FWIW be careful with the inverter. C's do not have enough battery capacity to run a high capacity inverter for long. You are better off using 12 VDC for as much as you can and planning on running the generator for high current loads like the microwave or any other high draw appliances.

Old 08-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #17

Sweet spot

Our 27' is very roomy compared to a CL B. 2nd the motion on the Minnie Winnie minus the slide. (Winnebago has a nightmareish record with their slide problems.). If you can afford it, the MW 25B which is actually 27' length is a sweet unit.Order with solid surface counters and range cover to get some counter space. Stay away from slides or at least read all the posts so you know what you are getting into. I'm actually in a Lazy Daze which is hard to find. New is 100K.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFogelberg View Post
Our 27' is very roomy compared to a CL B. 2nd the motion on the Minnie Winnie minus the slide. (Winnebago has a nightmareish record with their slide problems.). If you can afford it, the MW 25B which is actually 27' length is a sweet unit.Order with solid surface counters and range cover to get some counter space. Stay away from slides or at least read all the posts so you know what you are getting into. I'm actually in a Lazy Daze which is hard to find. New is 100K.
We just bought a new Itasca Spirit 25B (same as the MW25B). It's a great floorplan and I do like not having a slide-in. It's suppose to be 26'-2" long. I think to engineer a motorhome that sleeps 8 with no slide-in's at that length there are some sacrifices that are there (lack of very much counter space in the galley or bathroom, no pantry). So, I'm adding a drop down counter extension in the bathroom, sink cover and stove cover in the galley, possible changes in an overhead cabinet to use as food storage). I also agree with the other Rv'r about staying away from large capacity inverters in Class C's unless you have a lot of solar power. We do like carrying a small 400W portable inverter though for charging laptops, phones and other portable devices when we don't want to run the generator. I only like to use a generator for major loads like the AC, microwave or coffee maker, never for a TV or charging anything except maybe the coach batteries.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #19

My advice, regardless of make/model, GET ON THE ROOF. Trust me, on this. Make it an unshakable priority. Before you sign anything, get on the roof like the life of the unit depends on it...

Tags
class c