Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
Help! Low voltage on auto leveling jacks.

My husband and I just bought a newer (used 2,600 miles) 2015 Thor Fourwinds 29g with Ford chassis. We had one great trip, brought it home, plugged her in, and I had fridge off but one vent fan on. We both worked all day the next day. I'm not sure what happened but someone or somehow cord became unplugged and brand new battery went dead. (Discovered this when we got home) We couldn't start generator, so we started the engine. This must've recharged battery enough that generator was able to start. However, we still have the orange light on over the "low voltage" indicator. We couldn't turn the power off or on with the button to reset it. We let the battery charge with the vehicle engine running for a good 20 mins. Still no change in lights in jack system and we cannot turn it off or on. Even with vehicle engine running, vehicle in park, parking brake on, as instructed. It doesn't work and voltage reads low.

The owners manual is NOT helpful. It just says what the light is, not how you can troubleshoot or remedy the situation. I know this light means the jacks aren't getting enough power to run. Is it possible that the battery needs to be charged more because power from there and the vehicle is necessary to run the jacks? When we push the battery level indicator, it says it's full, but it couldn't have been after only 20 mins correct?
The backup camera also stopped working after this happened. ?? Help please

Chocol8te is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2016, 05:11 AM   #2
You may have blown an inline fuse. Once that happens the battery won't be able to get a charge. It would likely be near the battery disconnect. a skinny pin protruding out.

carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
Re help!

Hi Carl,

Thanks for responding. I was able to find The specific owners manual for our hydraulic leveling and I reset it and let it charge and they're working just fine it seems. However, our back up camera looks like it's somehow disconnected still. I have no idea how that could've happened. It was a factory install and was ordered with original RV. Any idea how to troubleshoot this. The Thor owners manual that came with it is once again, not helpful.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
Hi Carl,

I think you may be right. The jacks worked one more time to get us leveled at the next RV park, but then system wouldn't even turn on just afterward. We were going to back up RV and get it to a more level spot, so we tried to turn it back on and nothing! No lights would come on not even the low voltage warning lights. The system doesn't respond at all. Does this sound like a fuse? If so, where do we get a replacement and how do we tell which fuse it is? We did find breaker box and fuse box in the RV. It's a kipper autohydralic system.

jacks, leveling, leveling jacks