Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2015, 04:22 AM   #1

Help with flooring replacement

I want to replace the carpet in my 2002 Gulfstream conquest. Has anyone done a make over with "Pergo" or any other laminate type flooring? Need to know how to replace under the dinette slide area.
beeman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 AM   #2

Mr. Beeman, This had been done by several members here. Try the search option with keywords such as floor replacement carpet replacement hardwood floor. Also a title other than "help" might get more attention to your request. Good hunting.
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #3

I have been in the flooring business for a long time and both sold and installed laminates. I would give you one word of caution. Most laminates are very sensitive to moisture, up to and including humidity. It will cause the floor to buckle. That means climate control inside the coach at all time if you do not live in a very dry climate. Spills must be wiped up completely immediately, wet feet from rain and leaky pipes will ruin the floor. If you can live with that, it's a great product. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:41 AM   #4

We did to ours this this spring. I ended up with the square tile even though I HATE THEM. They are easy and have lots of patterns and such. We love em now. One of the box stores has rolls of carpet runner that matched wonderfully and it's light enough to go in the washing machine. took to a upholstery shop and for another $20 they bound the ends. 3 rugs and they cover most of the floor. Trim that matched was another $20 probably so for less than $200 it's done. The wood we wanted was going to be nearly $1000 and a LOT more work.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:55 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I used the rubber flooring from Home Depot. It's 100% waterproof. On the other hand it's not recommended for RV's and I probably wouldn't install in a high end RV.
We've had this for over a year now and it still looks great and hasn't moved because of heat or cold. This is in Oklahoma.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floor.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	104714  
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:08 AM   #6

We put a high quality laminate in our previous RV. It was a superb choice
1 measure the depth of your existing carpet and padding, chose a laminate that does not exceed. This helps avoid slide movement issues. We also chose ones that had the moisture barrier already attached so no laying of another material first
2 if you do the job yourself carefully analyze the hardest corner and start there first. We didn't and ended up in a small space that required a little finagling to get it in
3 do not glue it down. It needs to float.....and it will
4 wipe up any spills.
We had it for 5 years of fulltime living before we traded and it still looked great
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:28 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I bought our MH with a damaged laminate floor installed by the previous owner. I replaced it with a commercial grade solid vinyl plank floor. Made by Mannington if I remember right. I installed (glued and screwed) a thin plywood over the subfloor. I later found out that this floor style is the type used in hospitals, etc. I live near the Gulf of Mexico and have to deal with high humidity regularly. The slide rollers have not had any impact on this floor and it is easy to keep clean. Throw rugs are used where necessary. The install was fairly easy, and like painting, preparation is key. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
replacement