Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #1

Help with Freelander 21QB

Anybody have a new 21QB and can help me with water fill issues? My dealer has no clues and I need somebody who knows.
The dealer filled my fresh tank when I picked up the unit and now I need to dump and refill it. I can't find a valve under the motor home, like on all previous rvs, to drain the fresh tank. I also cannot find an overflow so that I know when the fresh tank is full when I have the hose hooked up.
Anybody available to help me know how to drain the tank and how to fill it properly?
Dealer service manager has no idea and asked their service people who didn't either. Not sure about that.
Thanks
jbirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2019, 05:49 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a Freelander 26rs that have that type of fill for the tank. Our other MH have had the gravity fill and you knew when they were full, but not this one. So we would also like to know when it is full. I did find the three drain vales under rear access.
Greg F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #3

Mine appears to be the same inlet. Are you sure that there isn't a small screened vent at about 11 o'clock partially covered by the cap when it is on?
Old 07-13-2019, 06:27 AM   #4

Freelander water drain

I have a Freelander Micro. If you look next to water pump you should see a blue line with a small T-valve on it. That line will also lead into a line coming out of fresh water tank with a larger silver handle valve on it. To empty, pull small T-valve up (open). You should hear water draining from under neath the coach.
To fill the tank, attach hose to inlet that is not marked "city water". The small T-valve that you opened, now must be closed and the Silver valve should be parallel with the blue line (open). The over flow is on the tank itself and you will not be able to tell untill you hear water coming from underneath. Let me know if I have totally confused you.
BeckyFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #5

Sounds like we are all suffering from the decision to save money and not print owner's manuals. I did hear from FR and they told me to watch the monitor panel to see when the water tank is full. You can listen for the main tank to overflow when it is full also. It runs out under the unit.

As far as the drain, you only have the low point drains which are under a drawer which is under the stove on my unit.

I sure wish they would make a manual that would answer our questions My dealer's service manager did not know and none of their service people did either Sure don't understand that.

I would be happy to download or buy a manual but all that is available is so general that they don't help my Freelander.
jbirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:55 PM   #6

I mistakenly filled my fresh water tank and needed to empty it. So I turned on the water pump and the taps and when the grey water was full and the fresh water empty, I dumped it.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:50 PM   #7

Help with Freelander 21QB

I highly recommend you to use city water when you can. If you boondock a lot, I can see hauling the water but remember a gallon of water weighs 8.3 pounds. A full fresh water tank is pretty heavy.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:10 PM   #8

The low point drains are behind the drawer under the oven. the farthest to the right is for fresh water. You can also see the water tank under there and the bypass valve.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:43 PM   #9

If the tank is under the bed should b a valve there as well to dump the tank. Does this one have the selector valves in rear compartment for water fill/city use?
Southern-Rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:21 AM   #10

I HAVE A 2017 Freelander QB and th he drains are under the drawer under the oven. Nice little coach
Don't like the corner bed but we needed the storage as we run a small business to supplement our habit. Just remember they are cheap.
Lostconch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freelander