Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #71

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawgs View Post
Hi Jim,
No problem. It was not raining this morning so I was able to get a pic of the complete set up outside of the bay. You can see the 3 1/2 foot from the RV and how it connects to the surge guard and then how that connects to the 30 amp cord. The service dept at Flagg should be able to do this for you. They have seen mine and thought it was a great idea.
Todd
Well Todd, thanks to your input, I ordered the SurgeGuard and today it finally came! Wow! That's no little surge protector there. It looks like a well constructed unit. I feel like I did the right thing and have one less thing to worry about at the CG. Thanks for all the time that you took to walk me through this.
Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Well Todd, thanks to your input, I ordered the SurgeGuard and today it finally came! Wow! That's no little surge protector there. It looks like a well constructed unit. I feel like I did the right thing and have one less thing to worry about at the CG. Thanks for all the time that you took to walk me through this.
Jim
Hi Jim,
Congrats on the purchase. You should be pretty well protected from everything but a direct lightning hit. The ones you and Sandi have recently bought are the newer versions of mine. The offer almost twice the protection for the same money. I had a good idea on the size before I bought because I had seen one in Flagg's RV parts store. This is about the best investment you could make to protect your RV.
Todd

Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #73

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I recently purchased a used 2000 29' Fleetwood Tioga E-450. And I am a newbie, as well.

Like you I am here to learn more about this rig as I intend to go on several trips / excursions. I especially have a desire to learn more about maintenance and how to run the on board equipment, both house and chassis.

Nice to hear from you! Perhaps we can share our growing knowledge of RVing.

James
Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #74

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnjim6
I recently purchased a used 2000 29' Fleetwood Tioga E-450. And I am a newbie, as well.

Like you I am here to learn more about this rig as I intend to go on several trips / excursions. I especially have a desire to learn more about maintenance and how to run the on board equipment, both house and chassis.

James
Just ask and someone should answer. Welcome!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnjim6

James
Welcome from another newbie. I've learned so much from asking fellow members and also just reading posts in the various forums. I think the best thing to do when you have a question is to search first to see if there's already an existing thread. That way you won't be repeating something that may already have been discussed.

Congratulations on your new acquisition and happy RVing. Get ready for some great fun!!! Nice to hear from another Californian. I'm in the San Francisco bay area.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by monik7 View Post
Welcome from another newbie. I've learned so much from asking fellow members and also just reading posts in the various forums. I think the best thing to do when you have a question is to search first to see if there's already an existing thread. That way you won't be repeating something that may already have been discussed.

Congratulations on your new acquisition and happy RVing. Get ready for some great fun!!! Nice to hear from another Californian. I'm in the San Francisco bay area.
Hi Sandi,
How was the Tahoe trip. Hope all went well and you and the furry kids had a good time.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Old 07-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawgs
Hi Sandi,
How was the Tahoe trip. Hope all went well and you and the furry kids had a good time.
Todd
Hi Todd: Nice to hear from you. The Tahoe trip was spectacular. My campsite was about 100 yds. from the lake and the weather was perfect. I woke up in the middle of the first night and a red light was blinking on the frig. Apparently the surge protector stopped working. In the morning I checked and it seems the connection to the extension cord I got is a little sensitive. When I reconnected it worked fine. So I hope all will go OK in the future. My puppies had a great time. Krissi, the cockapoo, is cream-colored usually. When we got back she was grey from romping around in the dust and dirt!

I washed the rig myself last week. What a job!!! I was so tired after washing I couldn't do much in the way of waxing. How often do you wash yours (and wax)? Any trips coming up? Thanks again for your help. I've spent so much money getting all the added essentials that I've had to put a moratorium on buying anything else for awhile.

Sandi
Old 07-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi Todd: Nice to hear from you. The Tahoe trip was spectacular. My campsite was about 100 yds. from the lake and the weather was perfect. I woke up in the middle of the first night and a red light was blinking on the frig. Apparently the surge protector stopped working. In the morning I checked and it seems the connection to the extension cord I got is a little sensitive. When I reconnected it worked fine. So I hope all will go OK in the future. My puppies had a great time. Krissi, the cockapoo, is cream-colored usually. When we got back she was grey from romping around in the dust and dirt!

I washed the rig myself last week. What a job!!! I was so tired after washing I couldn't do much in the way of waxing. How often do you wash yours (and wax)? Any trips coming up? Thanks again for your help. I've spent so much money getting all the added essentials that I've had to put a moratorium on buying anything else for awhile.

Sandi
Hi Sandi,
Glad to hear you and the fur kids had a good time. Sounds like you had a great site. Our pups love camping although Buster is not crazy about moving vehicles. They both love the long walk and hikes when we get to a new site. I give mine a good washing with Turtle wash and wax at the start of the season and again at about 4 months (just about due now). I find this product to do a very good job as I am not one to do a full wash and then a full wax. Mine is a bit larger than yours and takes me 3 8 hour days to do. It takes a good 8 hours just to do the roof. I find that this is a good time to inspect and repair (if needed) any seals. This last time I found a 10 inch separation in the cab-over to roof seam. A good cleaning and tube of sealer took care of it. I use waterless wash waxall from AeroCosmetics in between for quick clean ups when needed. It is just a bit more that a year since we picked up the Cambria and I think we are finally fully stocked with everything it will need so now our only costs are for actual camping, fuel, and maintenance. We should be going to Connecticut next month and then Maine a few weeks later. Still a working stiff so we don't get to use it as much as we want but it is there when we need it.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:

Hi Sandi,
Glad to hear you and the fur kids had a good time. Sounds like you had a great site. Our pups love camping although Buster is not crazy about moving vehicles. They both love the long walk and hikes when we get to a new site. I give mine a good washing with Turtle wash and wax at the start of the season and again at about 4 months (just about due now). I find this product to do a very good job as I am not one to do a full wash and then a full wax. Mine is a bit larger than yours and takes me 3 8 hour days to do. It takes a good 8 hours just to do the roof. I find that this is a good time to inspect and repair (if needed) any seals. This last time I found a 10 inch separation in the cab-over to roof seam. A good cleaning and tube of sealer took care of it. I use waterless wash waxall from AeroCosmetics in between for quick clean ups when needed. It is just a bit more that a year since we picked up the Cambria and I think we are finally fully stocked with everything it will need so now our only costs are for actual camping, fuel, and maintenance. We should be going to Connecticut next month and then Maine a few weeks later. Still a working stiff so we don't get to use it as much as we want but it is there when we need it.
Todd
Hi again Todd: The only problem I'm finding is that since I have a slider in the back, I don't have a ladder to the top. When I washed I was just able to reach the roof with a long-handled washer while standing on the next-to-last step of a 7 ft. ladder. Don't know how I'll be able to get up on top to wax and inspect. Just washing was hit and miss. Scares me to think your rig is only a year old and you already found a flaw in the roof seam. Don't know how I can check for that! I wonder if they ever put ladders on the side.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi again Todd: The only problem I'm finding is that since I have a slider in the back, I don't have a ladder to the top. When I washed I was just able to reach the roof with a long-handled washer while standing on the next-to-last step of a 7 ft. ladder. Don't know how I'll be able to get up on top to wax and inspect. Just washing was hit and miss. Scares me to think your rig is only a year old and you already found a flaw in the roof seam. Don't know how I can check for that! I wonder if they ever put ladders on the side.
Hi Sandi,
I forgot you got the cool one with the rear slide . As long a you are careful it is ok to lean a ladder against the side of the RV to get on the roof. Winnebago actually used to supply a really cool fold up ladder just for the RV's they sold without an attached ladder. I have one of those gorilla ladders that can fold and extend that I use. I am not worried about some seam separation. This was just a 1/8 to 1/4 separation over a 10 inch area. It took about 5 minutes to clean and repair. Regular roof inspection and repair (if needed) are part of the regular maintenance schedule in your owners manual. If you are uncomfortable doing this your dealer or local RV service center should be able to do it for you. Remember these are big heavy things that bounce all over some pretty bad roads so things will loosen up. It is not a sign of poor quality and regular checks will catch them when they do. Over time you will come to find the little things that need checking and fixing. It is part of owning an RV and nothing to be afraid of. Don't worry, be happy (wow, old song cliche) you have a very nice RV and you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #81

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:

Hi Sandi,
Glad to hear you and the fur kids had a good time. Sounds like you had a great site. Our pups love camping although Buster is not crazy about moving vehicles. They both love the long walk and hikes when we get to a new site.
Todd
Hi Todd: I forgot to mention, when I was a teenager, I had a wonderful Australian Shepherd whose name was Buster. He used to go everywhere with me as we lived out in the hills surrounding today's "Silicon Valley." At the end of the day in the summer, I'd ask him if he wanted to ride the rest of the way home. He would enthusiastically jump up and ride crosswise behind me. We were quite a sight to people going by as they didn't expect to see a dog riding on a horse. I'm sure you love your Buster as much as I loved mine.

Sandi
Old 07-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #82

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi Todd: I forgot to mention, when I was a teenager, I had a wonderful Australian Shepherd whose name was Buster. He used to go everywhere with me as we lived out in the hills surrounding today's "Silicon Valley." At the end of the day in the summer, I'd ask him if he wanted to ride the rest of the way home. He would enthusiastically jump up and ride crosswise behind me. We were quite a sight to people going by as they didn't expect to see a dog riding on a horse. I'm sure you love your Buster as much as I loved mine.

Sandi
Oh yeah, we love these little dogs like crazy. I don't know what it is but growing up both Shirley and I always had big dogs and never really cared for the small ones. But some how these two just worked their way into our hearts and except for work they are always with us. Here is a pic of me and the the kids at our very first campsite just after we got the Cambria. The red is our little girl Precious, and the brown is our little guy Buster Brown.
Todd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	23912  
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #83

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Oh yeah, we love these little dogs like crazy. I don't know what it is but growing up both Shirley and I always had big dogs and never really cared for the small ones. But some how these two just worked their way into our hearts and except for work they are always with us. Here is a pic of me and the the kids at our very first campsite just after we got the Cambria. The red is our little girl Precious, and the brown is our little guy Buster Brown.
Todd
Hi Todd: If you look at the thread "What Breed and Why is it Your Favorite" and my post on July 4, 2012, you'll see pics of my babies, Krissi and Abby.
Sandi
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi Todd: If you look at the thread "What Breed and Why is it Your Favorite" and my post on July 4, 2012, you'll see pics of my babies, Krissi and Abby.
Sandi
Hi Sandi,
Thanks for the thread location, I didn't even know it was there.
Todd

Demco KarKaddy 460SS