Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2015, 12:32 AM   #1

High Pointe microwave/convection

Our new 2016 View has a High Pointe Microwave/Convection oven. The manual spends lots of time with temps and settings, BUT it does not say how to set up convection cooking: I am assuming I use the rack on the glass turntable BUT the glass turntable has embedded in the glass "for microwave use only."

I have read and seen pictures posted that others use the glass turntable for convection cooking. Do other people have "for microwave use only" on their tabletable but it still works for convection cooking without breaking???

I am getting no help for Winnebago or our dealer on this question!

I think other RVers are the best source for help! Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2015, 12:42 AM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have had GE Advantiums for 13 years now. We use the glass tray for microwave cooking and the metal for convection cooking. The Advantium will tell you which to use when you select the type of cooking.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:19 AM   #3

Thanks Mr.D

This is our 5th RV....our American Eagle we just traded for the View had a metal turntable AND glass turntable too, but this new View is a puzzle...manual does not mention a metal turntable. I am assuming I take the glass turntable out and just use the metal rack for convection. Was hoping to find others with this High Pointe microwave convection (something I may just replace!!!) Maddening and disappointing:(
Old 10-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #4

Our Sharp Carosel says to remove the glass tray and the little thing under that turns the tray and used the metal rack.. works just wonderful like that for us.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Does yours look like this one?

http://www.midea.com/global/products...09_70847.shtml

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #6

reply to Slowmachine

I seem to be getting lots of responses to HOW To Use a Convection Oven....really know how to do that....I just have always had a metal turntable to use instead of glass for convection....and once had to remove glass turntable and use a shelf (like a house oven) for convection. With that experience we are thinking we should just remove the glass turntable and set the metal rack in the oven for convection. Very much appreciate all comments though on the many types beside this confusing High Pointe microwave/convection. Must have been made in China and directions did not translate well for English.....
Old 10-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
FWIW, my new GE uses the glass turntable tray for all cooking modes. I posted the link to the Midea model because I believe they are the manufacturer of the High Pointe units. Read more here:

http://www.trademarkia.com/high-pointe-85083348.html

And this company is offering them for sale and may be able to provide an English language user manual.

http://www.burnstines.com/high-point...e-black-1.html

Hope this helps.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:03 PM   #8

Bonnie,
Are you part of the Yahoo Winnebago's Skinnie-Winnies group? There have been several posts about the Microwave/convection oven. I haven't tried ours yet but others have. Its a great forum with LOTS of info for View/Navion owners.