Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
Hot water tank bypass valve '04 Minne

Hi. I am fairly new to rving, and probably don't know my rig as well as I should. But, I need help. I have no hot water. The pilot lights, and runs for a while, but no hot water. I'm thinking I missed a valve, but damned if I can find it. Anyone have any advice?

Kuftajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2015, 05:21 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
LP only tank? You say it runs for a while - the pilot or the heat flame? If the heat flame is staying on to heat the water then it may be a valve issue. Check the manual (both coach and water heater) for proper valve setting for normal operation. Depending on brand, cold water usually enters from the bottom (open cold water valve) and exits from top of the water heater (open hot water valve). Close any by-pass valves between these two. If the by-pass is closed, open and close it again, check/feel for proper operation; it may need replaced (happened to me). Also check to see if you have any shower heads, inside and outside, that may have the water valves open and the button on the shower head closed. If you have luke warm water for a short period then it goes cold, this may be the problem. Good Luck.

Ken Himes
NRVIA Certified RV Inspector #523
2003 Monaco LaPalma 36DBD -
2013 Honda Fit
DartmanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:04 AM   #3
Water valve

Originally Posted by Kuftajj View Post
Hi. I am fairly new to rving, and probably don't know my rig as well as I should. But, I need help. I have no hot water. The pilot lights, and runs for a while, but no hot water. I'm thinking I missed a valve, but damned if I can find it. Anyone have any advice?
I have a 2007 Minnie Winnie in the water valve is behind one of the wardrobe drawers in the bedroom you have to remove the drawer and region. You will see the waterlines if you're looking for the valve
Cassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
On mine I can reach the valve from a drawer next to the water Heater, problem is can't see what I need to. Removed four small screws holding panel in front of heater then can see valve, had same problem your having. In my case dealer didn't know how to dewinterise.
2004 Clss C 31' Winnebgo
OLYLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
I would make sure that it is filling first prior to turning it on, otherwise you may burn out the element. Simply remove the water heater drain plug, and make sure water is flowing out of it prior to firing it up.
Happy camping,
Ted E
2013 Thor ACE 29.2
Ted E is offline   Reply With Quote

tank, water