Originally Posted by dennis45
Some later assemblies are "sealed" and not serviceable. LED Replacements are cheap. I think the rear ones on my coach a couple years ago were about $4.00 each.
I tried posting a pic, but it seems to overwrite everything else on my post, so I gave up (must be forgetting something here). And yes, my unit does seem sealed and non serviceable, but not sure its LED, as I can see some kind of 'bulb' inside.
I was finally successful in figuring out the outer chrome trim can be pried away from the lense/base to release it from a bevelled edge (but the lense/base don't separate). There are two screws inside the areas that the chrome hides, that attach the unit to the RV, and two prongs that protrude from the backside to make the electrical connection. It appears that moisture sat behind unit and eventually worked its way in alongside one or both electrical prongs.
I'll have to somehow evaporate the moisture, and use lots of ProFlex on re-assembly. Should be easy enough to replace all these if any burn out - too bad they aren't more easily serviceable.
Thanks for the help!