Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2008, 04:58 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a small area in the lower center of the cabover that is extremely hard to reach. I can get most of it by use of a 7 foot ladder set up on the side, but my arms are too short. I was thinking about putting a blanket over an extension ladder and leaning it against the cab, being very careful to make sure the (well anchored) ladder rests against the front face evenly with the top sticking out over the roof edge.
I can't reach it from the roof and certainly can't walk on todays thin hoods. Not sure standing on the radiator support with the hood open would be feasible either but might work.

I have been using Protect all to squirt some in the center area and some towels over my wash brush up to this point, but I really want to put some elbow grease in that area as there are some bug remnants that just refuse to wash out. A good scrub with a cleaner then a wax would be the only way.

How does everyone handle this problem?

Also what do you use for bug residue? The camco green stuff doesn't work that well and I am afraid to use anything too harsh with the decals like the spray bottles of bug and tar remover.

ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #2

We use a ladder and a long handled windshield washer like they use on the 18-wheelers. We use soap and water and the nylon side of the washer, not the rubber squeege. This gets the bugs off. We are careful not to scratch the fiberglass.

Our cabover is on a C-5500 Super C, so it is REALLY up there and this works for us.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #3

I purchased a multi-function stepladder through Amazon.com which is manufactured by C.M.T. Industrial. It can be made into a 'scaffold' configuration. This allows you to walk across the front of the cap and reach all areas safely.
I hope this link works for you- if not just go to Amazon.com and search for 'folding' ladder and it will probably be the first one that shows up. It works very well although a bit cumbersome to handle.

http://www.amazon.com/7-1-Mult...id=1232165446&sr=8-1

Good luck,
Skip
If interested, come visit us in the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We're there just about every evening from about 8:30pm eastern until about 10:00pm. It's a great bunch of folks!

Skip- Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Skip- Kerrville, TX:
I purchased a multi-function stepladder through Amazon.com which is manufactured by C.M.T. Industrial. It can be made into a 'scaffold' configuration. This allows you to walk across the front of the cap and reach all areas safely.
I hope this link works for you- if not just go to Amazon.com and search for 'folding' ladder and it will probably be the first one that shows up. It works very well although a bit cumbersome to handle.

http://www.amazon.com/7-1-Mult...id=1232165446&sr=8-1

Good luck,
Skip
When you set this ladder on the ground in 'scaffold' mode, how much clearance do you have between the ladder and the hood of your class C? This ladder seems to be a good solution but it is difficult to tell from the pictures just how far off the ground it is when in 'scaffold' mode.

2006 Gulfstream Ultra LE 6316
ghamblen is offline   Reply With Quote