Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #15

On a lot of Class C's the bathroom vanity sink goes to the black tank not the grey, mine is like this. If yours is the same then just letting your sink run for a while will work, buts much slower than a hose.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
On ours it takes 4-5 gallons of water to fill up the drain pipe and leave some in the tank itself. I add about 5 gallons, the chemicals go in the last of the water so it gets into the tank itself and not the drain at the valve.
I forgot the chemicals but were is your black tank that it takes 5gallons to fill the pipe, my tiffin the black tank is inches from the valve

Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #17

Remember Robin Williams?

"Fire in the hole!!"
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #18

Why not just hold the valve open and pour in a bucket or two of water.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #19

This is what you need to add water to the black water tank. Can not fall into the tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2952223307.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	48547  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #20
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
This is what you need to add water to the black water tank. Can not fall into the tank.
NOW, I have seen everything.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
NOW, I have seen everything.
eek, clean the toilet first, flush, drop the pink thingy in to hold open the valve, fill BW tank, shake trailer with foot on bumper, dump, fill, shake, dump. Remove pink thingy, place in zip lock, drop in you favorite drop in, stow, wash hands. A really good solution for tanks without built in tank washers.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #22

We wash the cooking utensils in a rubber pan and then dump the pan thru the yoilet into the black water.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
our sink/lav in bathroom drains to black tank, has been ok so far . we also added a hose fitting to sink fauset and we have a small water hose we connect to the spigot having a vacuum breaker/reverse flow device and use the standard wand to cleanout the toilet and black tank, when we are doing a thorough clean, but if we are going campground to campground, we only use the back flush valve we connect to our discharge on our discharge lines from drain lines, it allows gravity drain to sewer but also has a slide value with a water hose connection/backflow preventer that allows for back rinsing the drain line, we fill up tanks and then gravity drain and observe color of liquid through plastic fitting, great topic , huh.
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtime2 View Post
our sink/lav in bathroom drains to black tank, has been ok so far . we also added a hose fitting to sink fauset and we have a small water hose we connect to the spigot having a vacuum breaker/reverse flow device and use the standard wand to cleanout the toilet and black tank, when we are doing a thorough clean, but if we are going campground to campground, we only use the back flush valve we connect to our discharge on our discharge lines from drain lines, it allows gravity drain to sewer but also has a slide value with a water hose connection/backflow preventer that allows for back rinsing the drain line, we fill up tanks and then gravity drain and observe color of liquid through plastic fitting, great topic , huh.
May I ask: where did you buy such a poop tank backwasher see through reverse prevented fitting? Is it a kit or a whole new slinky?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
flush king, buy at camping world, $49. I find it useful for backwash of tank and drain line and for rinsing downstream to flex drain hose also.
Shop Camping World for RV Accessories, RV Parts, & other items for Outdoor Enthusiasts. - Camping World
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #26

What some do is cut the water line behind the toilet and install a tee and valve and a short piece of hose. While at it, you could also install a shutoff valve so that you can open the flush valve and look into the tank without all the water going in and obscuring your view.

The problem with holding the foot valve down is it takes for-ev-er... If you have a backflusher, that's a good method as long as you don't get distracted and forget.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoRuss View Post
Being brand new at RVing, I understand it's good to allow the black water tank to fill up at least 3/4 of the way before emptying. My first trip will be just a couple days and I doubt I'll fill it very much using the toilet. So, if I wish to add water to the black water tank in order to have enough in it in order to empty it what are the ways of doing that? Is it just by operating the toilet flush system repeatedly or are there other methods?

Thanks.
Just hold the flush handle down until the toilet basin fills... then open lever and flush! The water splooshing down will help break up any poop pyramids from forming.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Just hold the flush handle down until the toilet basin fills... then open lever and flush! The water splooshing down will help break up any poop pyramids from forming.
That's really not enough water to do that.

Tags
tank, water