Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2015, 10:20 PM   #1

How to air up outer dually tire on Class C Coachman Concord

I have a 225le coachman concord 2013. I have not found a good solution to adding air to outer dual wheel as the tire valve faces inward and with the wheel cover not enough room. I have been taking wheel cover off each time but this is not a good solution any help would ve appreciated,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #2

Look into duallyvalve.com. They can be ordered on line, but some tire shops have them also. They are solid stems that require the tire to be dismounted and then remounted, thus a tire shop that carries them is your best bet.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:39 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As mentioned by coachman jay call Duallyvalve.com to order their dually kit for your rims. I have them, makes it simple for checking and adding air.

Dually valve kits for Motor-homes, Busses and 6-wheeled chassis
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:33 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to Maligator
I bought one of these straight air chucks: Milton dually air chuck . They are made for dually filling and have the proper angle for it. Under $10 it was a great deal!
Old 02-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #5

Harbor freight carries a chuck and pressure gauge for about ten dollars it's usually easier to air the outside dual then the inside. A good set of valve stems do make it easier but would require breaking down and remounting tires at a cost. Probably better to do it when you replace tires.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #6

You can also get extenders for the valve stems. Some are like 135 degrees and put the end back toward you. Lot of ways to solve your problem. The easiest is just get a fill with the dual ends, like suggested.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #7

Milton bayonet gauge. Has double end
Old 02-20-2015, 08:04 AM   #8

Thank you all, with wheel cover on unable to take valve cap off, do i just leave it off and use milton air. Thanks
Old 02-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to Maligator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryhobby View Post
Thank you all, with wheel cover on unable to take valve cap off, do i just leave it off and use milton air. Thanks
Most of the valves I've seen have air-through caps on them. If that's the case with yours, all you have to do is put the air chuck right over the cap and fill her up. With that Milton chuck I linked, you use the straight part for the inners and the back facing one for the outer wheels.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryhobby View Post
Be careful leaving the caps off could get dirt in the stem. When you add air can push the dirt into valve core and cause it to leak. I have the flow through caps that Maligator mentioned. Very simple to check and add air, I wipe them off before checking pressure or adding air.

Amazon.com: CTS Double Seal Inflate Through Valve Cap (4 Pack): Automotive
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligator View Post
I bought one of these straight air chucks: Milton dually air chuck . They are made for dually filling and have the proper angle for it. Under $10 it was a great deal!
Yep. Works like a charm.

Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c