Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #1

Hubcap replacement???

Lost a hubcap-would like to replace with a cover that fits flush to the existing rim but shinny. That way the tire valves can always be present for checking, Do they make some sort of cover that would slip over the lug nuts up flush against the rim, maybe in chrome or stainless? How about an eight lug chrome rim that would fit the front axle and the rear, outside wheel of the duel axle.?? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about a photo of a hub cap that is still on your rig, the wheel without one, along with the size of the tire.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #3

Take them all off and paint the wheels black.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #4

I'll get pictures today. Like the simulator wheels idea but not sure if I am reading the on line paper work correctly. I printed out a page that shows at the top $275.00 MSRP. Than under product details has replacement parts as front axle kit, pair 137.50 and rear axle kit pair 192.50 for a total of 330.00. If the $275.00 first number is total for all four I can do that. Will call later this morning when they open.

Probably lost the hubcap because of some vibration building up at at about 65 mph. Since shocks are original, 1993 chassis and 86,000 miles later suspect the combination of weak shock and some imbalance could cause the problem. I recall both valve stem extenders are clamped on the same side on each wheel, which seems to me would be like adding extra weight to one side. The clamps holding the valve stem extender is massive. I am going to have the tires balanced and while tires are off will have shocks put on. What kind, I don't know, but since it already handles great, just need some that will damping out the road surface. After pricing Koni, almost twice as much as Bilstein, not going with Koni. I'll price Monroe and if difference not much will probably try Bilstein, but not the harder ride ones.

Another question=have a whistle by the entrance door at higher speeds. Suspected weather strip leak. I bought some, tried it in a couple of different places on the trip home but no luck. Emailed the owner and he said it was that way from day one when he bought it. Dealer tried to fix it--note the radius on the rain gutter over the door has the corners shaved off, but no fix. PO said they just lived with it. Owner thought it might be awning. Unless there was a defect in the door seal from installation it would seem to be something else, other than the door seal. I'll do some duct taping on the out side and test drive to see if I can isolate the area causing the whistle and work from there. Any suggestions in tracking this issue would be appreciated.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I kind of agree with the "Take 'em off and paint 'em" post.

IF you park the rig for an extended period.. Put it up on "Blocks" (Jack stands) and pull the wheels (just the outer duals) and take them to a shop that does chrome plating.

Expect to fork over some cash.

But that's what I plan on doing when I get the old round-tuit.

Then you can put on a Crossfire "Magic Eye" device on your duals, and one-each Pressure Pro sensor (with the Crossfire it will monitor BOTH tires) and save yourself a ton of grief.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #6

One of my hubcaps also came off during a short trip to the car audio shop. I re-traced my path and my wife spotted it on an over-pass on the sidewalk. It was a bit scuffed but only a little. Thank Goodness !

But, yes ! a source for hubcaps here on the forum could be very useful....definitely would not be into painting the inner rim black...ughh !
Old 10-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If they are 22.5 inch wheels try I-80.com
Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I am looking at these.

Wheel Masters: Wheeliners
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #9

16 inch. I'm going with wheel simulators from "infmotor", an ebay seller for about 1/2 the cost on Pacific Dullies. $149 vice $275 from the West Coast Company.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtime2 View Post
I am looking at these.

Wheel Masters: Wheeliners
Those look very nice....what is the price range ?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I haven't used them yet but here is one sorce and price

01-07 Chevy Gmc 16" 8 Lug Wheel Simulators-FREE SHIPPING $139.00
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
Old 10-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
these are $65 each
Free Shipping On All Chevy Wheel Simulators - Best Value Chevrolet Wheel Simulator.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #13

Hey rvtime2, thanks for the links ! They look great.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #14

Have a 2008 chateau with chev kodiak c5500 and one of the rear wheel simulators lost a threaded lug that secures the piece to the tire. Unknown what the brand is because bought used. Any ideas where can get replacement. Don't have to exact match, just hold the darn thing on?

Tags
replace, replacement