Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
HWH Leveling Jack Failure

I had the HWH AP49821 leveling system installed on my Winnebago View at the HWH factory in March of this year. On July 18th while on a trip in Colorado the jacks would not retract. I read the manual and tried what they recommended but they would not move. Had to wait until the next morning to call the factory so spent the night in a Library parking lot.

Talked to a technician at HWH and ended up having to Open the solenoid valves (Cam Type) and stick a wedge under the jacks so I could jar them some. A swift kick on the wedge did the trick and the springs were able to pull the jacks back up.

Needlessly to say I am not happy!! I was told by HWH service that they have no approved service shops and that lot's of shops work on their jacks. We called several and could not find anyone who would do Warranty repairs on HWH jacks unless they had installed them. Finally got a hold of Camping World in Oklahoma City and they said they would do the work. I have an appointment for late August and will update my post when I get them fixed.

I still believe a factory install is the way to go but HWH dropped the ball not having approved service shops all set up for their customers. I felt like I had been abandoned by HWH to resolve my issue alone unless I took another trip to the Iowa factory.

Bill

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2016, 07:18 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, you should have your rig back by Christmas if you're lucky!!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #3
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Equalizer Systems

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your leveling system. While I can't make a recommendation on what to do regarding your current system, I CAN tell you that here at Equalizer Systems, we will work with basically any RV service shop or dealer to get a repair covered under our warranty. We don't "certify" specific shops, but we do recommend a dealer that sells a product that uses our system, such as Forest River diesel coaches, Jayco, Entegra, and Newmar. This will ensure that the tech working on your coach will be familiar with our leveling system.

Should you decide that your current leveling system isn't the right fit for you and your coach, we'd be happy to talk to you about installing an Auto Level system here at Equalizer Systems!
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Old 08-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #5
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
Nah, we're really just trying to help! No need to spam when we're a sponsor on the forum!
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:43 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ko4nrbs View Post
I had the HWH AP49821 leveling system installed on my Winnebago View at the HWH factory in March of this year. On July 18th while on a trip in Colorado the jacks would not retract. I read the manual and tried what they recommended but they would not move. Had to wait until the next morning to call the factory so spent the night in a Library parking lot.

Talked to a technician at HWH and ended up having to Open the solenoid valves (Cam Type) and stick a wedge under the jacks so I could jar them some. A swift kick on the wedge did the trick and the springs were able to pull the jacks back up.

Needlessly to say I am not happy!! I was told by HWH service that they have no approved service shops and that lot's of shops work on their jacks. We called several and could not find anyone who would do Warranty repairs on HWH jacks unless they had installed them. Finally got a hold of Camping World in Oklahoma City and they said they would do the work. I have an appointment for late August and will update my post when I get them fixed.

I still believe a factory install is the way to go but HWH dropped the ball not having approved service shops all set up for their customers. I felt like I had been abandoned by HWH to resolve my issue alone unless I took another trip to the Iowa factory.

Bill
I have had great luck working with HWH and even though I am getting older I can still do most of the work. We have a HWH employee on the forum AZPETE and if you look up his post he has telephone. Or he will probably tune in on this post.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #7
Commercial Member

hi ko4. i would be happy to talk with you about your problem. i do work for hwh, and live in arizona. please feel free to call me at 602-549-3638. maybe i can help. i post on here as azpete
thanks, paul maddox
Old 09-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
HWH Hydraulic Jacks

Got them fixed last Tuesday at the factory. The Shuttle valve had failed and was replaced. They work great now. Was in and out in about 3 hours.
Bill
ko4nrbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #9

I have an appointment with my dealer to fix my front jacks. They were installed by CW Tacoma in March 16. Took back to CW in July with no trouble found. Had two issues. Leaking front and my system warning did not work. No fix from CW. I checked it and found they used a clamp to the fuse. I found a better solution that is the fuse tap. CW should have used this, but they used a metal clamp that did not work well. I will never use them in the future. Paid them a lot to install the jacks in my View G.

Tags
hwh, leveling